Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    drpepper Guest

Default Experiences with Sedgwick Claims

has anyone delt with this company....and your take on them..any help would be great....thanks

Default Re: Experiences with Sedgwick Claims

I have just started working with Sedgewick Claims. I don't know much about this. The PA rep will not answer questions and acts like she doesn't want to bother with me. When she was on vacation, I talked to the Ohio Rep and he was very helpful, but he does not know PA laws.
    What has your experience been so far?

Exclamation Re: Experiences with Sedgwick Claims

If you are talking about Nurse Case managers that handle your claims, tread very lightly with them. They will act as if they are your Best Friend, when in reality their Job is to get you back to work A.S.A.P., and sometimes when you aren't even Healed. be very careful what you say, it could come back to be used against you. I had Concentra, and the first thing my Attorney did when I Hired Him was to send a letter to my NCM that she is to have no contact with me, everything had to go through him, and she was not to go in the exam room with me at appointments. Getting rid of my NCM was the Best thing that ever happened to me, and you will come to find out the same should your Attorney do the same thing mine did!!

I deal with them and Sedgwick is hell,
    no answers- cleverly lies about everything.
    I think my attorney is working with them -
    They are not to be trusted,

Has any of your attorneys told you NOT to speak with the NCM? MCO OR BWC??

Just curious....because talking with them is a sure way to get your benefits stopped!
    Beth, Legal Assistant
    Wife and Mother of injured workers

Lightbulb Re: Experiences with Sedgwick Claims

Re-read my Post above whatamess, my NCM is gone!! I made it very clear to my Attorney that i can speak to a Dr. myself, and I didn't need a Babysitter, and He surely got rid of them for me!! Any good Attorney would surely do the same if asked I would think!!

Quote Quoting Scar Tissue View Post
    Re-read my Post above whatamess, my NCM is gone!! I made it very clear to my Attorney that i can speak to a Dr. myself, and I didn't need a Babysitter, and He surely got rid of them for me!! Any good Attorney would surely do the same if asked I would think!!

Scar,

That is why I just posted my question, and did not "quote" your comment! I read your post correctly the first time. I was making a generalized statement!
    Beth, Legal Assistant
    Wife and Mother of injured workers

They have created so many problems for me,
    I lost my money benefits and they were part of it.
    Can't get answers, cant get prescriptions, I only have two doctors but they don't have their names on record. Dr have been issuing prescriptions from their office.
    This has been going on a year, every time Dr office calls for authorization- Sedgwick manager who is the same person I have dealt with from the beginning doesn't know who I am.
    Months later I get authorized- the whole thing is a joke.
    The day I hired my attorney he told me I could speak to case manager but to use caution in what I tell them.
    It takes months to have tests done- I will have surgery sometime but it is up to Sedgwick and how slow they move.
    Last trick was both attorney and Sedgwick tried to force me to change doctors. I put up a fight and got to stay where I was at least for right now.
    Sedgwick is very good at saving companies a lot of money by stalling and ignoring our medical needs.
    I have dropped my attorney because I had a gut feeling by their actions that he was working more with Sedgwick than me.
    When I deal with Sedgwick it is always in writing, even if I spoke to them
    on the phone I follow it up with a letter stating what was said. I also give them a time frame to get back to me if I stated anything wrong.
    I caught them in a lie now I know better.

It is a shame that with our injuries we also have to go thru this but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for all of the advice. They didn't seem quite right to me, but I was trying to give them a chance. I saw a doctor the day after my injury and he said I needed tests to determine whether or not I needed surgery on my arm and shoulder. Sedgewich would not approve it because it was not one of their doctors. Then they sent me to Concentra. The doctor didn't know anyting about my kind of injury. She did, however, say that I needed to see an orthopedic surgeon, which was what I had already seen. She told me I could not drive or take a shower or move my arm in any way, but she also checked that I was able to go back to work.
    I had to wait 2 weeks until I got to see the orthopedic surgeon that Sedgewick approved of. At least he seems to be a good doctor. He sent me for an EMG because he thought there was nerve damage to my arm. He was right. He also said that I could not do any kind of work until he released me. The Sedgewich nurse asked if they were sure the nerve damage was from the fall. The doctor just rolled her eyes and said, of course, it was from the fall.
    I haven't gotten an attorney yet because all I want is the use of my arm back and my job back. From what I am hearing, though, I probably should contact an attorney soon. All I want is what I deserve. My fall was due to slippery floors at work that were not marked. These people all think that everyone is out to get something for nothing, and that is just not true.

DO NOT TRUST SEDGWICK ! Lies and more lies,my checks were late so i called....our printer is broken....the claims manager has a cold....the claims manager had to take his mother to the doctor....there's a glitch in the system...the checks in the mail...they didnt pay my therapist for 5 months so they filed a petition with the state and won,sedgwick was forced to pay 10 percent more because of the lateness of the payment,i have been waiting since january for specific loss payment,i even have my company calling them and they get the same excuses...so beware.