Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Experiences with Sedgwick Claims

When you are walking
    With the spirit who assures you he is going through
    This trial with you and observing how others behave you would not think it so funny, more sad at the oblivious
    Ignorance of the unenlightened. I am a democrat. Also no one commented on my ideas about hype while they fell over themselves to judge my constant companionship with the spirit there is a place for him and me in everything I do and more power to me. All my needs are met I have been miraculously provided for and I win most if not all of the battles I have had to go through.

Quote Quoting Leslie View Post
    When you are walking
    This trial with you and observing how others behave you would not think it so funny, more sad at the oblivious
    Ignorance of the unenlightened. I am a democrat. Also no one commented on my ideas about hype while they fell over themselves to judge my constant companionship with the spirit there is a place for him and me in everything I do and more power to me. All my needs are met I have been miraculously provided for and I win most if not all of the battles I have had to go through.
    Thats great. You still haven't answered my question as to what specifically you would do to change the system... ?
    Nearly everyone on this board has said the same... "we need changes"... that's fine... WHAT are you recommending that provides relief to the applicant and employer/carrier? So far...the lobbyists have been doing this job... and they work FOR the defense.

Okay, I have some ideas cooking. I believe a lot of WCs ,past and present, could form a coalition and get
    Some lobby action going ourselves eventually. We could use some media exposure, movie vehicles, magazine articles and get some
    backers. We could use volunteers to help because many of us have some time on our hands. I have never organized such an effort but I'm just trying to drum up some ideas in my naive self, oh and public speaking events at
    Fairs and highschools. Highschoolers who take on causes get a lot of public attention

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I don't think I really want to be friends with you anymore Airedale and you misspell a lot for one so lofty. It kind of lessens your affect.
    Last edited by Leslie; 06-06-2012 at 02:23 PM.

. I believe a lot of WCs ,past and present, could form a coalition and get
    Some lob
    That's fine... what do the backers get out of WC reform?

That's not really the question though... WHAT, specifically do you intend to present to the legislature as change, what rules do you want changed and how, what is it you would suggest that is equitable to both sides ?
    You can have all the lobby's, coalitions you want...if you have nothing to suggest as a statute reg or law... what are you marching for?

Quote Quoting Leslie View Post
    When you are walking
    The United States Supreme Court.......Decided on "Citizens United".....That means corparations are people!.....That means they can be Christiains,Musilims,Zionists,Agnostics,or even Anti Christains.....Who says that that Ins. company or any other holds your views?.....Im sure we can guess what gods alter they pray at.......$

If people dont wake up, which I dont see....aka wiconsins elections yesterday!!!!!

People have to see what is happening right in front of them.....It has nothing to to with god,guns, or gays.....Ill bet 60% of this board votes against there and there familys best intrests!

Read the comments, or even better yet look for the ones who say nothing!!!!!

This country was built on and by labor!....Now most site behind desks and complain about unions and strikes....The whole time it was those unions that gave them the 40 hour work week, vacations, and a living wage!!!!

Nothing will get done till everyone turns off Fox News, and all those clasic talking heads on the radio who preech about things, that justify who are aginst you! But they dont even see the light!

Ins. companys dont care about you. there job(forced by law) is to get you back to work as fast as possable....If they can,t cut a corner any way, they can....that is by screwing you directly....easyest way drive you crazy, drag there feet, lie....do what ever it takes to make money for the stock holder and the handfull on there boards!!!! But Im sure there are a few CEO's that go to church every Sunday?

I'm sure those corrupt ones don't get any real satisfaction from knowing Jesus. If they did we could use a good article about how their experience changed their corrupt thinking. My question how do we unify, use our gifted thinkers and make a difference, I need to know how it is really done. The gays are doing it right now. Public thinking has changed dramatically over the course of time, and without sitting in judgement on their sexuality. Why can't IWs get some power?

- - - Updated - - -

BvIA, wouldn't the people involved comprise lawyers and people like yourself who could help devise the agenda and strategies for change , much like our unions? This is a utopia in my head right now but it shouldn't be impossible to come up with some equitable modifications for the existing structure. I think the biggest challenge is the fact that each state would have it's own problems, but that could be helpful too for instance; in Oregon the worker is allowed to choose their own treating physician. That example could be a starter issue for other states where IWs have difficulty obtaining the evidence they need as Bob said.

My question remains unanswered... what do you want changed, and what is your suggestion for replacement? Equitable to both sides?
    wouldn't the people involved comprise lawyers and people like yourself who could help devise the agenda and strategies for change , much like our unions?
    People working with unions get paid. Unions have lobbyists. They get paid, and very handsomely I might add.
    No one does any of this lobbying for nothing... who do you suggest fund a lobby for IW's ? Devising an agenda and strategies is one thing... WHAT is going to be replaced and by what?
    in Oregon the worker is allowed to choose their own treating physician. That example could be a starter issue for other states where IWs have difficulty obtaining the evidence they need as Bob said.
    In many states the IW has the ability to treat with a Dr of thier choice, that is rapidly changing as the ER/IC wants and gets the ability to control the medical care... UR/Utilization Review has been adopted in many states, even your GHP/Group Health Plan, and Medicare have UR....
    \
    The BEST scenario is for there to be a single payor system for ALL health care... like Medicare for all...but, no one wants to fully understand or agree to Obamacare... and that is the first step in resolving WC delima where medical care is the issue.

Now that this thread has been completely hijacked... I suggest you start a new on of your own under "Reform and Advocacy"...

I need help to get something started, I know it takes money, that is what benefits, ( the smoozing kind) and backers would help with. They would get tax write offs and assuage their social consciouses. I think some of these movements start on college campuses. I could draft articles,the human interest kind. We could be a charity.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome sne simple well put.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I told you this post was from 2006 BvIA.

Make sure you have a good attorney. I have been dealing with this sorry excuse for an insurance company for 4 years. I am currently having issues with their adjuster not returning not only my Physical therapists phone calls, just to get me into therapy, but they aren't returning my attorney's phone calls either. I have been waiting 3 weeks now still no word. My attorney has had to take them to court numeral times because they aren't doing their jobs

Quote Quoting woman2real View Post
    Make sure you have a good attorney. I have been dealing with this sorry excuse for an insurance company for 4 years. I am currently having issues with their adjuster not returning not only my Physical therapists phone calls, just to get me into therapy, but they aren't returning my attorney's phone calls either. I have been waiting 3 weeks now still no word. My attorney has had to take them to court numeral times because they aren't doing their jobs
    This thread is pretty old... good to start a new one of your own.

Sedgewich Claims Services is not an "insurance company", they are TPA/Third Party Administrator for self insured employers.
    Your Dr is the one responsible for getting treatment authorized, not PT, not your atty.
    My attorney has had to take them to court numeral times because they aren't doing their jobs
    They are doing their jobs...just not the way you'd like.
    If they are not responding to your Dr requests... have your atty file for a hearing again. That generally gets their attention.
    If the CA is not responding, have atty call the claims unit supervisor.