Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    anonymous Guest

Does anyone know where in the law, the rules and regulations of the State of Tennessee where it states an employer must maintain health insurance while an employee is out on TTD? Thanks.

anonymous Guest

It's a federal law called the Family and Medical Leave Act. You get 12 weeks of job/benefits protection.
    http://www.dol.gov/elaws/fmla.htm

anonymous Guest

Thank you for the information about the Family and Medical Leave Act. I think what I am looking for is different. It deals with TTD while an Employee is out on Workers' Compensation.

anonymous Guest

"It is unlawful for an employer to terminate an employee for reporting a work injury. Wrongful termination is not enforceable under Tennessee Workers' Compensation Law."
    http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/wcfaq.html#injured
    P.S. it doesn't mean you can't be terminated; just not because you filed a claim.

eykis Guest

Thank you again for the information about wrongful termination. Eykis was Anonymous earlier today. Just feeling the waters and they are nice. We are still "off-the-mark" on my question. I will try to state my question differently:

Does anyone know where in ANY LAW (State of Tennessee or Federal), ANY RULE, ANY REGULATION, that says "an Employer must maintain and Employee's group health benefits while that Employee is on TTD in a W/C claim and no MMI has been reached? In other words, my husband's company was paying for his group health insurance (a whopping $5.00 per month for a good policy) and the first of May 2003 they dropped him. Everything I understand says they cannot do this. They must maintain the group health benefits as long as he is out on TTD and no MMI or benefit review or settlement conference has occurred. Attorneys tell me this is true. I am a paralegal by profession and I know it to be true but for the life of me I cannot find out where I can PROVE THAT IT IS TRUE. Thanks to each and all for any information that might lead me down the right path.

eykis Guest

Thank you again for the information about wrongful termination. Eykis was Anonymous earlier today. Just feeling the waters and they are nice. We are still "off-the-mark" on my question. I will try to state my question differently:

Does anyone know where in ANY LAW (State of Tennessee or Federal), ANY RULE, ANY REGULATION, that says "an Employer must maintain and Employee's group health benefits while that Employee is on TTD in a W/C claim and no MMI has been reached? In other words, my husband's company was paying for his group health insurance (a whopping $5.00 per month for a good policy) and the first of May 2003 they dropped him. Everything I understand says they cannot do this. They must maintain the group health benefits as long as he is out on TTD and no MMI or benefit review or settlement conference has occurred. Attorneys tell me this is true. I am a paralegal by profession and I know it to be true but for the life of me I cannot find out where I can PROVE THAT IT IS TRUE. Thanks to each and all for any information that might lead me down the right path.

p.page Guest

I am not sure what you mean by ttd/tmp dis under wc in tennessee It is my understanding they keep it but you still have to pay it. At least that is what happened to my husband. Unfortunately we paid it out of accrued vacation money he had built up instead of taking vacation. Also had to do that when I took short term disability without a wc case. But when it went into long term disability we took cobra for 29 months which was bout 2 to 3 times as much as regular payments but it is all you have to get by law Clinton was the one who even allowed that.

michael Guest

Does anyone know who or what I should about two bills one a hospital and the other the DR's bill that my employer DID NOT pay on a workmans comp case.I can't seem to get any help without having to find a lawyer.
    please aoyone that could shed a little light on the matter.
    michael

anonymous Guest

notify the tennessee insurance commissioner about the collections efforts with a copy to the hospital, doctor, carrier and your employer.

mary Guest

Can I as an employer claim workmans compensation if I fell and broke my back?