Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    confusedinjured Guest

Default How far back will Tennessee workman's comp pay

Does anyone know how far back they will back pay you? Also what does it mean when you negotiate a settlement? Why don't they just pay all they owe you? What are you negotiating? As you can tell I'm very confused about this process. I've been totally and permenately disabled for 22 years and my employer just now admitted fault. Because it took them that long to claim resposibility why should they not have to pay for all those years?

edk Guest

The year you were injured is what all is based on and every state has there own schedule of injury....that is an arm is worth X amount of weeks of compensation a leg worth this amount, a whole body is worth this amount. If WC max payment was $50 a week when you were injured thats what they will base it on.

From what I know they will back pay only the amount of the maximum limit of the state for the injury you have.

Quite truthfully 22 yrs sounds like alot of years to be in WC and not know whats up. Perhaps you can explain your situation a little more.

confusedinjured Guest

Well I've been totally and permenately disabled since 1982 from a toxic exposure in 1979 and 1980. It's taken the company this long to admit they caused my injury. I have never received any compensation, had to pay all my own medical bills, and have been unable to work. Now that they admit I'm ill due to an exposure they caused they say I'm entitled to compensation and medical benifits. I have no idea how far back they will go. I was injured in Tenn. Is that enough information?

edk Guest

If you do not have an attorney you need to confer with one.

Your case will depend on what the laws were back in 1979 and 1980 not what they are today.

Most consults are free so you may want to set up appointments with a few different attorneys that deal with work comp and compare what they say.

Good luck to you

confusedinjured Guest

Thanks for the advice. I guess I thought since the employer finally admitted fault and would not fight the case I was home free. A lawyer would be the best advise though. Don't know why after all these years I should start trusting them now to consider my best interests. Again thanks!

james Guest

i was injured at work in tenn. about 6 yrs. ago am on disibilty have been for 5yrs. did not know about workman comp.untill now what is the limitation on fileing for work man comp in tenn

James -

Statute of limitation is normally 2 yrs from the date of injury.

Did the company at anytime pay for your doctor bills, medications, perscriptions?

james Guest

Pooh yes they paid my drs. bills ; and perscriptions for a long time

Then a wc claim should have/has been filed then. When did they stop paying for that? Did you ever get TTD (Temporary total disability) while off work? Are you getting PTD (perm. total disability) or PPD (perm. partial disability) now?

james Guest

they put me on short turm dis. & and it ran out & then long term dis. , i am now on perm. dis . from s.s disability. J. E. F.