hopeless Guest

Default Who are worker's compensation laws meant to help?

i was hurt on the job in mar. of 05 then again in april of 05 my boss did not tell w/c for almost a month after i first got hurt when he did tell them they sent me to a doctor of my choosing and he said it was work related and i should have an mri followed by steroid treatments well about 4 hours befor the mri i got a call from the mri people saying the mri had been called off i later found out that i had been fired for bringing a gun to work i had ask my boss if i could pawn it to him for $100.00 dollars to pay my electric bill untill i could work again he told me over a 2 way phone to bring it in for him to look at well he ended up saying i came in brandishing a gun in his statement and scared other workers but that never happend he never called the police or anything and the other workers passed it around to look at it my problem is this there were 5 people there me my boss my boss's brother & son the genral forman and a new worker a young guy i had to get on to because of his work (i was the forman)who diddent like me telling him what to do so anyway after i got a lawyer and filed a w/c claim i got a seperation notice from them saying they fired me a month befor the post date on the letter (wich my lawyer has lost) also my old boss is not truthfull about this deal he went as far as to say he saw me fishing on the 12th of april wich is when i went to the emergency room for my back pain cause i couldent walk that day he also said the last day i worked i was smokeing pot in the company van also untrue and for that matter i had my own truck on that job and no need to be in the van he also in a round about way said i was stealing from the vans by the way im an electrican he said he done an invatory because i done side jobs from time to time but i never took anything off the vans for them exsept 1 time i needed a nail up box the next day at work i paid him 5 dollars for it wich is over 3 times what it cost him 5 was all i had at the time now they starved me out to the point i got on tenncare got an mri it showed a buldging disc yesterday i had a steroid shot in my spine with more to come so thats pretty much my story my questions are these with my trile comeing up in about 8 days what happens if i fire my lawyer to find one that does not "misplace evidence" and can i request a lie detector test for both me and my boss thanks

sh Guest

You can change attorneys at any time.
    results of lie detector are not admissable.

hopeless Guest

well they offerd me $4700 and i turned them down we went to court yesterday my lawyer was great had the other side triping all over themselfs caught them in lies but the so called judge still ruled in there faver so be ready for let downs even if ur in the right

kr starr Guest

Default Re: Who are the w/c laws geard for?

are you still alive.? if so i have song i want you to have.
    Quote Quoting hopeless View Post
    i was hurt on the job in mar. of 05 then again in april of 05 my boss did not tell w/c for almost a month after i first got hurt when he did tell them they sent me to a doctor of my choosing and he said it was work related and i should have an mri followed by steroid treatments well about 4 hours befor the mri i got a call from the mri people saying the mri had been called off i later found out that i had been fired for bringing a gun to work i had ask my boss if i could pawn it to him for $100.00 dollars to pay my electric bill untill i could work again he told me over a 2 way phone to bring it in for him to look at well he ended up saying i came in brandishing a gun in his statement and scared other workers but that never happend he never called the police or anything and the other workers passed it around to look at it my problem is this there were 5 people there me my boss my boss's brother & son the genral forman and a new worker a young guy i had to get on to because of his work (i was the forman)who diddent like me telling him what to do so anyway after i got a lawyer and filed a w/c claim i got a seperation notice from them saying they fired me a month befor the post date on the letter (wich my lawyer has lost) also my old boss is not truthfull about this deal he went as far as to say he saw me fishing on the 12th of april wich is when i went to the emergency room for my back pain cause i couldent walk that day he also said the last day i worked i was smokeing pot in the company van also untrue and for that matter i had my own truck on that job and no need to be in the van he also in a round about way said i was stealing from the vans by the way im an electrican he said he done an invatory because i done side jobs from time to time but i never took anything off the vans for them exsept 1 time i needed a nail up box the next day at work i paid him 5 dollars for it wich is over 3 times what it cost him 5 was all i had at the time now they starved me out to the point i got on tenncare got an mri it showed a buldging disc yesterday i had a steroid shot in my spine with more to come so thats pretty much my story my questions are these with my trile comeing up in about 8 days what happens if i fire my lawyer to find one that does not "misplace evidence" and can i request a lie detector test for both me and my boss thanks

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Who are the w/c laws geard for?

are you still alive? if so i have a song i want you to listen to.