kneeknots Guest

Default Broke and have to move out of state - Will this affect the case?

I have now officially spent all of my savings on surgery and followup (PT, Meds, more surgery) care from my workers comp case. I now have to move with my brother in texas but the case is not settled. will this affect the case?

anonymous Guest

yes.
    You may have to travel back for medical appointments and/or court appearances.
    Your texas doc may not accept california fees.

lizzie Guest

I moved a out of California years ago. The insurance company tried to close my case twice and the judge/WCAB information officer let me know about it. Be very careful and keep in touch with your attorney or the information officer at your local WCAB. Good luck to you!

kneeknots Guest

Thank you Lizzie, the insurance company tried to close my case once too, they said Off Calander or something. How did you manage qme visits?

lizzie Guest

Kneeknots,
    It was a joke, the comp company sent me to a QME that was an Ortho, not a neurologist. After the Dr. Stated that I was ok from an orthopedic stand point, the comp company terminated my TD, but kept paying for Dr. visits and Physical Therapy. That was before I moved. After I moved the attorneys for comp tried to get me to sign off on paperwork and the claim. I refused to sign anything that was not in my benefit. Good Luck to you.