mary Guest

Default How To Find A Really Good Attorney

Where can injured workers find an attorney that would REALLY go after these insurance companies? Write to your governor and his office forwards it to the comp carrier; write to the state department of insurance and their office forwards it to the comp carrier...........does anything get done that way? ABSOLUTELY NOT! We are still being treated like animals and being denied our medical, tests, therapies - doctors are not being paid but complain and they send you to their IME's that already have a report written saying that there isn't a **** thing wrong with you before they even see you! They twist everything you tell them. Tell them your medications have been denied by the comp carrier and they put into their report that you are not taking any medications at this time. Tell them you can't walk - they say you can. Tell them you suffer from severe dizziness from inner ear damage and they will perform a Hal-Rike on you to make sure your dizzy spells get progressively worse! Show them your MRI's and x-rays showing herniated and bulging disks and they don't see them! Lawyers handling comp cases have their hands tied because of the rotten system. It is all a game. We need to be recognized and we need someone to help straighten out this system. Workers Compensation Law was written for us to get immediate medical attention and compensation paid to us to help us live. THEN WHY ARE WE DENIED EVERYTHING???? WHY DO THEY STOP/MODIFY PAYMENTS SO THAT YOU ARE LIVING SO FAR BELOW THE POVERTY LEVEL THAT YOU LOSE EVERYTHING YOU WORKED FOR???? WHY DO THEY ALLOW THEIR ADJUSTORS AND THEIR ATTORNEYS TO GIVE MEDICAL OPINIONS WHEN THEY ARE NOT LICENSED TO PRACTICE MEDICINE - AND THE COMP JUDGES WHO ARE AT THESE HEARINGS ALLOW THEM TO DO IT????? These insurance companies have paid off EVERYBODY with their big bucks. That is money that should be used to help us. With proper meds, tests, therapies - most of us would be in better shape or may be able to return to some kind of work. They wear you down so far and fight you all the way making it almost impossible to carry on with daily activites. Then they wonder why we are the way we are. Where are our senators - what are they getting paid for? Or - are they reaping the rewards from the insurance carriers. The insurance carriers have paid big bucks to the republican party throughout the years. Do we need the democrats to stick up for us? Or are their pockets getting lined? Doesn't anyone have the guts to help the injured workers???

anon Guest

No-ain't no money in it

dugan Guest

Mary Grace......... that's one of the reasons this website exists. When someone doesn't believe what you say, send them here. They can read story after story if they choose to.

Yes, there's no money in helping reform the comp system plus the system is so convoluted and complex no one knows where to start.

One way is to look at the hit counters on the bottom of each state page on this website as well as the state forums. Consider that the states with the most hits are doing something wrong if their injured workers are online trying to find help. Ohio is an example of this. The states with the least amount of visitors must be doing something right. Research the "successful" states and apply their successes to all fifty states.

ned Guest

You've heard the old expression, "Money makes the world go round!"

Ya don't pay, you can't play.

So take your licks, get what ever little you can out of the system, and move on.

Otherewise you'll be forever mired in an emotional pit of quicksand, wallowing in self pity, wishing for "justice" that just ain't gonna happen. And all you'll be doing is whining your life away.

debbie Guest

mary have to say animals are treated better with medical care then a injured worker .sadly i would have to agree with neds post above .complaining does nogood ,but in the future it will be me i think of first and then others in my field of work .sad but true .

scott Guest

IM A NEWBY TO ALL OF THIS BUT THIS SYSTEM IS UNFAIR. YOU READ THE LAWS OF YOUR STATE BUT THE W/C RUNS THE SYSTEM. THE LAWS SAY YOU ARE TO RECEIVE COMP FOR TIME LOST FROM INJURY. DOCTORS TAKE YOU OFF WORK AND ALL YOU RECEIVE IS LETTERS SAYING YOUR CASE IS UNDER REVIEW OR BEING DISPUTED. IN MY CASE I PERFORM A PHYSICAL JOB AND THE INJURY WAS CAUSED BY THE JOB. THE INJURY I HAVE IS RARE AND I'M WAITING FOR THE REPORT BACK FROM MY 6TH DOCTOR (DUE TO RARITY)THAT STATES IT WAS CAUSED BY MY JOB. I HAVE BEEN OFF THE JOB FOR 3 MONTHS NOW AND DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DONT PAY THE WEEKLY W/C. THE LAWS STATE IF THE JOB CAUSES AGRIVATION TO A CONDITION THAT TIME OFF SHOULD BE COMPENSATED. WELL IT DOES NOT TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST (OR DOCTOR) TO FIGURE OUT IT HAS CAUSED AGRIVATION. WHY ELSE WOULD I BE TAKEN OFF WORK.IF THE W/C FIGURES IT'S GOING TO BE A LUMP SUM, SUBTRACT WHAT YOU HAVE PAYED ME FROM THE SETTLEMENT OFFER. ALL OF US CANT AFFORD TO SIT AROUND AND DRAIN EVERY PENNY WE SAVED.

adjuster Guest

Scott...First off welcome. Secondly the rarity of your condition could be what is causing the delay in determining if your condition is related to or aggravated by your employment. If you don't mind I would like to know 2 things what state are you in and what is your current medical condition/problem/diagnosis. Maybe with this we can help you.

scott Guest

ADJUSTER...I'M IN ILLINOIS. I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH THORASIC NERVE PALSY (SCAPULA WINGING). MY EMG SHOWED 2 NERVES ARE DENERVATED, SERATUS ANTERIOR AND INFRASPINAITUS. THE DOCTORS ALL CALL ME A ZEBRA BECAUSE THEY RARELY SEE THIS.