Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    jason Guest

Just 11 days after my first doctors visit I tried limited duty and couldn't do it. So I went back to the doctor and he put me back on no duty, and then I called the adjuster to see if he received the TWCC form 73 and he started yelling "YOU'RE JUST THE PERSON I WANTED TO TALK TO. WHY DID YOU GO BACK TO THE DOCTOR? DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH WORK I HAVE TO DO NOW? DO YOU RELIZE HOW MUCH WORK YOU'RE CAUSING ME?"
    How sorry is that? Now I'm almost scared to follow through with my claim and it's hard to be absolutely fair to myself when I describe my pain and discomfort to my doctor. It's like when I'm there the adjustor's voice and my fear of him holds me back and I just can't seem to let the doc know how much my arm really hurts.
    Anybody else?

Jason in TX

108days Guest

I would ignore the adjuster. Correspond with the insurance company only via certified mail.

jaxlady Guest

TXJason, if you have an attorney, report this incident to him or her & ask that they do all the talking to the adjuster from here on out.
    If you don't have an attorney, document every word the adjuster said. Then call & speak directly to the adjuster's supervisor & file a grievance. NO ONE in the IC has the right to scream at any IW. Might want to report to the WC Board as well. The adjuster needs an attitude adjustment, for certain.
    108days has a good idea, but not likely to get immediate results. Good to send a letter certified as well as make that call to the supervisor.

coffeemonster Guest

The ajustor is doing this on purpose, in the hopes that you will not go back to the doctor and just work in pain and or just go away all together. IT IS THEIR JOB AND THEIR PROBLEM if they can't handle the case load. Don't take it personally at all. And from now on AUDIOTAPE all conversations with this ajustor. Turn it over to the attorney general, insurance comm, or any state dept that deals with this. Also you could always call their boss and play the tape back. These are high-handed tactis. You do not have to put up with VERBAL ABUSE and Harrassment.

driller Guest

Texas Penal Code § 16.02: So long as a wire, oral or electronic communication

sweetpapilove Guest

I AGREE 100%!!! NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS KIND OF VERBAL AND MENTAL ABUSE! IF YOU HAVE AN ATTORNEY..NOTIFIY HIM/HER IMMEDIATELY AND HAVE THEM FOLLOW NECESSARY PROCEDURES TO REPORT THIS ADJUSTER.

THIS IS AN INTIMIDATION TACTIC!!! IF HE CAN'T DO OR HANDLE HIS JOB..THEN HE OUGHT TO QUIT IT! I UNDERSTAND IT IS HIS JOB; HOWEVER, THIS DOES NOT GIVE HIM THE RIGHT TO MISTREAT YOU!

IF YOU HAVE AN ATTORNEY..HAVE HIM OR HER HANDLE ALL CALLS AND INTERACTION WITH THE IC. DO NOT TAKE IT UPON YOURSELF TO DO THE ABOVE!

GOOD LUCK!

coffeemonster Guest

Driller,
    If I were in TX could I tell the other person on the line that I was recording before the conversation started for it to be legal?

randy Guest

coffemonster,

According to my reading of what Driller wrote,

"Texas Penal Code § 16.02: So long as a wire, oral or electronic communication

driller Guest

Each state is different but in Texas if you

anonmo2 Guest

Hi Jason in TX, if you were to go to the
    Injured Worker's Forum you can see all of the responses that you received.

Read below:

108Days
    Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 05:33 pm
    -------------------------------------------------
    I would ignore the adjuster. Correspond with the insurance company only via certified mail.

Jaxlady
    Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 07:51 pm
    TXJason, if you have an attorney, report this incident to him or her & ask that they do all the talking to the adjuster from here on out.
    If you don't have an attorney, document every word the adjuster said. Then call & speak directly to the adjuster's supervisor & file a grievance. NO ONE in the IC has the right to scream at any IW. Might want to report to the WC Board as well. The adjuster needs an attitude adjustment, for certain.
    108days has a good idea, but not likely to get immediate results. Good to send a letter certified as well as make that call to the supervisor.

coffeemonster
    Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 08:35 pm
    The ajustor is doing this on purpose, in the hopes that you will not go back to the doctor and just work in pain and or just go away all together. IT IS THEIR JOB AND THEIR PROBLEM if they can't handle the case load. Don't take it personally at all. And from now on AUDIOTAPE all conversations with this ajustor. Turn it over to the attorney general, insurance comm, or any state dept that deals with this. Also you could always call their boss and play the tape back. These are high-handed tactis. You do not have to put up with VERBAL ABUSE and Harrassment.

Driller
    Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 11:05 pm
    -------------------------------------------------Texas Penal Code § 16.02: So long as a wire, oral or electronic communication