chris Guest

Default Employer Is Trying To Fire Worker Before A Comp Claim Is Made

a friend of mine injured herself. she went to the doc, and doc said "this seems to be work related. I will not treat". she is on medicaid. she informed employer with the letter she received from doc. employer said would find her a doc. in the mean time, employer has been trying to set her up to be fired. he said she is the only one who can work on register, and inventory is constantly being taken. she has been told by supervisor "you know if u get fired, you can't receive workers comp benefits". i know it's a set up because i used to work for same employer, and was injured on the job. she constantly asked about a doc, and was put off. a month later, she left work this morn to go to e.r. i suggested she get a lawyer before they fire her because i GUARANTEE you that they have not reported the injury to their IC or Jeff City (Missouri). did i give right advise? can they set her up to be fired then deny benefits and treatment?

pt Guest

Information that's provided by the initial Medicaid Dr. and, (if injury related/determined)... her visit to the ER.....may be able to assist in any *potential claim to WC benefits.

Can the Employer still establish a reason to terminate your friend ? Sure he can. Would an act of bad faith possibly be committed during the process ? Sure it can. Could 'any' of the above, potential scenario's eventally be proven ?

Why not suggest that your friend secure a free consult with a WC attorney at their earliest convenience ?

One truly never knows what tomorrow will bring, do they ?

For yourself and your friend's sake.. try to take it easy - Good luck to you.

sh Guest

Liability for a work injury still belongs to the employer whether the employee is still working there or not, so termination will not jeopardize her right to file a claim. Any denial of the claim will have to be based on other reasons.

Default Re: Employer Is Trying To Fire Worker Before A Comp Claim Is Made

Quote Quoting chris View Post
    a friend of mine injured herself. she went to the doc, and doc said "this seems to be work related. I will not treat". she is on medicaid. she informed employer with the letter she received from doc. employer said would find her a doc. in the mean time, employer has been trying to set her up to be fired. he said she is the only one who can work on register, and inventory is constantly being taken. she has been told by supervisor "you know if u get fired, you can't receive workers comp benefits". i know it's a set up because i used to work for same employer, and was injured on the job. she constantly asked about a doc, and was put off. a month later, she left work this morn to go to e.r. i suggested she get a lawyer before they fire her because i GUARANTEE you that they have not reported the injury to their IC or Jeff City (Missouri). did i give right advise? can they set her up to be fired then deny benefits and treatment?
    It only takes a few min to fill out a work comp form, tell your friend to go to the work comp office near them, you do not have to file thru your employer...get it done before they can fire her...................20 min tops
    and get the report from the dr that says that it is work related , and get a lawyer fast too.....after you file they can not fire you because of it
    Last edited by cfk1948; 10-02-2007 at 11:45 AM. Reason: more info