Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    pt Guest

"Blees?"

Gosh...I guess you can tell what kind of morning I'm having!!

Gotta' run...just heard the bell...again.

pizzano Guest

Your age plays into it due to the fact that they calculate your productive working years left, for example a 25 yr old with 40 percent is going to recieve much more then a 50 yr old with the same rating due to the fact that a 25 yr old is going to be more affected by the extra 25 yrs of not being able to perform due to the disibility.

shadow Guest

I have a head injury they want to give me 275000.000 two hundred and seventy five thoundsand but if i have to pay for my pills and wigs do you think if i hold out they will give me more money....see the frist one was fourty thoundsand then when up to 140 then 175 then 325 now they say i will get 275 cuz 25 is for set a side fund for my pills and other things ..i think they are tricking me so i said NO DEAL..........what do you think

anon2600 Guest

There are lots of issues to consider when faced with an offer to settle your case.
    Your age, your PD rating, you future medical needs, are you on SSDI?...etc
    So if you'd like to offer that info, maybe more help will follow...

Keep in mind there is nothing "fair" in WC, only money. You're not really going to change anything in the system, so the only thing they can offer is "money"....this is from a site that I have posted before, but it rings pretty true and something to keep in mind.

DEMANDING "JUSTICE": An old legal saying is "there is no justice, only money." Workers' compensation cannot change the way your employer manages its business or trains its supervisors. It cannot get your abusive supervisor or co-worker reprimanded or fired. It cannot make the workplace safer or the workload easier. The workers' compensation system cannot guarantee to restore your physical condition to what it was before your injury or get you a new occupation that pays as well as your previous job. Since the law cannot make an injured person whole, the only way to compensate the injury is with money. Insisting on going to trial when a reasonable settlement has been offered and recommended because you want "justice" will not necessarily increase your award, and may prejudice the judge against you.
    from...http://www.workinjury.com/articles/a-37.htm

shadow Guest

HI
    its not the money your right i wish i did not hurt and people look at me...what iam saying dont they have to pay for med's and doctor vist?
    iam on social security and workers com check every week and one time a month for s/s.....but the are telling me if i get a settlement they will not pay for my meds and i have to have them for life....and two hundred and seventy thoundsand is not much when you have to pay for meds and wigs and live off of that iam 45 year's old the money will run out........what to do

anon2600 Guest

Don't take a lum sum settlement...
    Take the "life pension"... or better yet try to settle out for a Structured Settlement..you can read about them here http://www.medivest.com/index.html

or do a web search using "structured settlement" and these funds are NOT taxable. This type of settlement is approved by the federal gov't for IW's...it provides a life time income stream.

shadow Guest

hi anon
    i do want to use this money i would like a ira.and live off my s/s i did not trust the place that i worked at to handle my money i hate them guys.....

anon2600 Guest

IF you take a lump sum payment, and deposit the money in an IRA, you WILL be taxed federal and state on the interest the money generates. And I would doubt you can manage to "live" on your SSDI/SSA, few can.
    The place you worked at has nothing to do with handling your money. BUT, keep the medical award money seperate if there is any.

Question Re: Settlement Offer

I have had Cervical radiculopathy, Lumbar radiculopathy and diagnose withDegeneration of Cervical Intervertebral Disc. A fusion from my C3 to my C5 and L5 S1 my ppi is 39% just wanted to know if someone knows what settlement I can look forward to, did not receive any money from WC since my accident in Oct 2014 to present.

Default Re: Settlement Offer

Quote Quoting Ron65 View Post
    I have had Cervical radiculopathy, Lumbar radiculopathy and diagnose withDegeneration of Cervical Intervertebral Disc. A fusion from my C3 to my C5 and L5 S1 my ppi is 39% just wanted to know if someone knows what settlement I can look forward to, did not receive any money from WC since my accident in Oct 2014 to present.
    This thread is over 10 years old....