just Guest

Default National Commission on State Workers Compensation Laws

I recall reading something on this forum in the past regarding this commission's report some years ago.

I believe this committee, perhaps an ad hoc oversight committee, was to review all of the state's wc laws and mandate changes where necessary.

Does anyone know if it is still functioning at the federal level!

Thank you.

pt Guest

You can follow the Commission's progress on John Burton's, WCR Website:

http://www.workerscompresources.com/

just Guest

Thanks PT -

Apparently this was a one time ad hoc committee and there has been no reappointment since the committee report of 1972/1975.

I believe this committee was formed to review ALL of the states' wc systems as to fairness and adequacy of care and benefits.

Have a nice day.

wc Guest

LOL... YOU PUT W/C SYSTEMS, FAIRNESS, ADEQUACY, CARE AND BENEFITS IN ONE SENTENCE... HOW FUNNY IS THAT????

knowknees Guest

Missed this one. Thats pretty cool, WC SYSTEMS A JOKE, how eloquently you put that together. There is no such thing. It all has been swept under the rug and probably will stay that way (DORMANT) for another 40 years, unless we the IW do something. As GOD is my witness I want to, we just need a leader, as Ive said before. I'm more than willing to be one of the sheep, if we can find a Shepard.

wc Guest

I have been screaming, yelling, writing letters anything to bring attention to this system in an "undercover" way. There was a news reporter who was interested in coming to my house and doing a story on my case, but my Attorney said "not now" wait until it is out of litigation. But since it has now been 1 year and 2 1/2 months the story is history. This system sucks and the government, politicans, employers etc... don't give a d***.

knowknees Guest

I had a similar chance of a "Closed Door Meeting" with a local newspaper no lawyer, just her and I, ended up reneging even though it was to be anonymous. Got paranoid and didn't really know exactly how the story would be told or who she actually worked for. Big Business? People can take a non-fiction book, add a few words, then it becomes fiction. (A MILLION PIECES)
    Greg