Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cma Guest

Default Appealing a Workers Comp Denial

I GOT DENIED AT CONFERENCE MY LAWYER IS APPEALING
    TELL ME WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT, ANXIETY IS VERY HIGH
    ALMOST FEEL LIKE A CRIMINAL, LAWYER IS ALWAYS IN A RUSH TO GET OFF THE PHONE FOR THE CONFERENCE THEY SENT OVER A LAWYER WITH OUT MUCH EXPERIENCE HE WAS MORE NERVOUS THAN I WAS.....I REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE ANY FEED BACK I HAVE PRE EXSISTING BACK CONDITION, AND REHURT MYSELF AT WORK BEEN OUT OF WORK FOR ABOUT A YEAR MY DOCTOR ON MY SIDE THE IME BLAMING ALL OF THIS ON OLD INJURIES.....WHAT TOO EXPECT

cma Guest

dosent look like no one wants too help me???

knowknees Guest

I need help too. What does this mean in legal jargon? I've searched and found nothing. Your Attorneys Initials (D.K.S./tg then D.K.S./rb) What does the tg and the rb small case stand for? B.T.W. The D.K.S. is hypothetical use your imagination and have some fun! I need a legal secretary to answer this, I think...Greg

occupant Guest

The /tg or /rb means it was typed by someome with the initials of either tg or rb. It's standard practice in offices all over and of every kind, not confined to lawyers.

occupant Guest

And sorry CMA, I posted too fast.

Please turn off the all-caps thing and ask a specific question rather than giving a running narrative and people will give it a shot. Just saying you "Got denied" is too vague to run with. Denied for what"?

If you need specific answers you must ask specific questions.

knowknees Guest

Thanks OCCUPANT. I guess I wasted a lot of time for nothing...Greg

anon Guest

Quite often when you have a pre existing condition, they always use this to attribute the problem cause. It is all in the doctor's reports. So you will need to rebut this with a report to the contary. This is what your attorney may now be doing.

cma Guest

yes soory that i posted in caps pre- exsisting -condition were 2 car accident and i had injuries too L4,L5,SI EMPLOYER,knew that because i took a few weeks off the first time and no time off on second accident,and have never in these procedings tried to hide the fact.

i was seen by my nuerosurgeon on may-9-2005

i had left a message that i had recieved 3 cortisone shots on a wednesday and with my supervisor but was feeling much better that i would be returning too work on thursday with a doctors note.

thursday after working about 4 hours felt something pop in my lower back finished my shift
    and woke up half way thru the night with pain in my leg going right down and a new pain in the middle of my back.

my nuerosurgeon says know i have a new disk bulge in my lower back L3,L4 and a free floating fragment.

So i was denied because of prrevious conditions that i was released from with no restictions and
    and had even seen company doctor and he released
    with no retiction .

and know got denied at the first coference after conciliation so know we appeal i got denied for every thing medical and cash.

i worked in massachucets and really enjoyed my job.

cma Guest

yes anon they are trying to rebut,my doc says that an agrevation has occured but the first denial really gets you down...

maria Guest

CMA - is the denial from the IC or from the Court.

If from the IC, the next step is your attorney will request a trial or hearing on the issue of aoe/coe (arising out of employment/course of employment). If that is decided in your favor, by the Court, you will get the treatment recommended. This may take some time.

Hang in there.

If denied by the Court, your attorney will decide if he is up to appeals to the end. This will take even more time.

Good luck