Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dbowyer Guest

I am reading these messages and am wondering what happen to the America we know. I have gotten to a point that I feel nothing but anger for a country that once held its head up high with honor.
    I am tired of people blaming everything on 9/11. This was a horrendous event in our history, but enough, let those people lie in peace.
    Apparently this is a nationwide problem,one that can get changed if we can start to shake the tree.
    I am going to send this site address to NBC, CBS,ABC, and anyone I can think of and challenge them to take this on.
    Am I scared? I am terrified, WE are 52 and 53 and headed for living on the street. Lawyers , Social Service Agencies say turn to families, We have no one. I agree with Cranky our life is nothing. I go to work,sleep go to work and fight from day to day to just exist.If I buy toilet paper is that 3.00 in gas I need for the week to get to work, If I buy a bag of dog food is that a toll I will need. I make 9.50 an hour,finally was able to get health ins which takes 61.00 a week out of my check.Then taxes.I was working 40 hours a week then the company has a program,Work to travel, where they bring in kids from around the world who work for 3 months, no taxes taken out of them and everyones hours get cut because these kids are gaurenteed 32 hours a week. So I get sometimes 28-32 hours a week. I spend 100.00 a week to get to work and home. This is what we have been reduced to by Greed and Workers Comp.
    Today my husband is almost able to move, he is in pain and just laying on the sofa. Add the fact that I am sure depression is a big factor and that is what our days are like.
    Please Please don't just write here, find your political representitives addresses on the net and write them. Send them to anyone you can think, newspapers, TV,anywhere you think will be heard.We have got to make a difference because NO ONE is going to do it for us.
    Maybe we should form a new state and add it to this great country, the Great State of Displaced and Injured Workers.
    I am sure I will anger a lot of people by saying this but I don't care if Irag has democracy, I don't care what Isreal or Lebanon are doing.
    I am living in a country that can't practice Democracy for its own people but can show others how to have it. We have a Constitution that sayS by the, for the, of the PEOPLE of the United States but we have a president who has RAPED this document over and over to justify his actions.
    Please Please stand up and FIGHT, LET ALL OUR VOICES BE HEARD. WE ARE THE AMERICAN WORKER AND THE WORKING CLASS. WE ARE THE BACKBONE AND STRENGTH OF THIS NATION. Someone in here said remember to vote, I wonder what kind of election it would be if no worker, middle income, or the poor just didn't vote in the next election?
    Kind of like the Party you throw and no one shows up!!!!!!

henry Guest

DBowyer -

It is all about money........profits.........greed! What is a fair profit? - what is enough $s to satisify being rich? The wc systems fall into this quagmire assisted by the politicians.

An excellent example of profits and greed is the state tax on tobaccco. There are several states with a state tax of over $2.00 on a pack of cigarettes. Why - to get money!! .....even though this product has been proven to be hazardous to ones health, the state and federal government allows them to be sold on the open and legal market. If I were to develope lung cancer from smoking tobacco, I would file a lawsuit against the state for allowing this proven harmful product to be sold.....NOT, the tobacco company.

The MCOs will screw the injured/disabled workers to reduce costs so they will get a renewal on their 2 year contract from the employer. Gas prices escalate because threat of a possible hurricane in the Caribbean.

As a result, the good Ole USA will become a Nation of the filthy rich and the dirty poor. The injured/disabled workers will continue to struggle from becoming street people without any beneficial changes in the system that created their demise.

anon58 Guest

DBower...well said! "...I am living in a country that can't practice Democracy for its own people but can show others how to have it..."
    anon58

mj Guest

D.BOWYER
    Amen someone is on my side, I have suggested numerous times that everyone on this board should submit all their information to the investigative reporters, 20/20, dateline, Primetime etc.... Have family and friends write letters of the mistreatment of IW's, and everyone has knocked me for it.

I am not hiding anything, I have a legit W/C claim and had been treated worse then criminals in jail are treated, Not only by the employer, I/C, Their Attorneys but the system in itself. I think if everyone band together and swamp these reporters with our facts, it just might make news, especially while we still have our "first amendment rights" freedom of speech.

helll I wouldnt doubt if Sadam is eating three square meals a day, roof over his head... better medical then we have seen.

What can it hurt?

nurse Guest

MJ-I CAN'T AGREE MORE.I FEEL LIKE I HAVE COMMITTED SOME TYPE OF CRIME THE WAY WE GET TREATED.IT SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND.I MEAN WE WERE AT WORK DOING A JOB FOR THEM AND GOT HURT,IT IS SO NOT FAIR TO THE IW'S.I HAVE BEEN A NURSE FOR GOING ON 20 YEARS AND GOT HURT LIFTING A PATIENT.I HAVE WORKED FOR THE SAME EMPLOYER FOR ALL BUT A COUPLE OF YEARS ALWAYS HAD GRAT EVALUATIONS,CAME IN WHEN THEY WERE SHORT,WORKED SOMETIMES 24 HOURS WITH NO SLEEP PUTTING MY LICENSE ON THE LINE,IT JUST MAKES ME SO MAD AT THE WAY THEY TREAT US.BUT,I HAVE MY FAITH IN GOD AND THEY WILL SOMEDAY REAP WHAT THEY HAVE SOWED!

bankrupt Guest

I agree with you being thay same kind of nurse, Double shifts. Every weekend. Whenever they were short. Now this is the thanks we get!!!!

nurse Guest

I JUST WANTED TO SHARE SOMETHING WITH YOU ALL-IN THE ABOVE I SAID THEY REAP WHAT THEY SOW.WELL I WENT TO MY NEUROLOGIST DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY AND HE HADN'T BEEN TO COMPASIONATE BEFORE ON MY APPTS. HE JUST ORDERED THERAPY AND MEDS.WELL,UPON COMING IN TO MY ROOM IN WHICH ME AND MY SISTER SET HE SAID I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN GOING THRU,I'VE HAD SOME PROBLEMS GOING ON WITH MY BACK AND HAD TO TAKE MEDS.I KINDA LAUGHED(UNDER MY BREATH)BECAUSE LAST WEEK ON A PARTICULARLY PAINFUL DAY I HAD PRAYED "LORD,GIVE THEM JUST A LITTLE TASTE OF WHAT I AM GOING THRU" I DON'T MEAN TO WISH THIS UPON ANYONE BUT,I THINK SOMETIMES IT TAKES WALKING IN SOMEONE ELSES SHOES BEFORE YOU NEED TO JUDGE WHAT IS GOING ON.WELL THIS TIME HE WAS MORE COMPASIONATE AND NICER.JUST THOUGHT THIS MIGHT GIVE A LITTLE HOPE FOR THOSE IN A BAD DAY,AND GOD IS WITH US IN THE STORMS AS WELL AS THE CALM!

dbowyer Guest

Good Morning
    Well I continue to bang my head against a brick wall.
    I wrote to both the governor(sp) of virginia and Senator Allen
    The Governor passed my email on to an ombudsmen at WC who contacted us and said O nothing we can do, just appeal.
    The Senators office sent us a form to sign for freedom of informationand we returned but nothing from them yet.
    Lawyers say will take time!!!!
    So I have a bathtub full of water incase they turn off our water and candles when electricity goes.
    In this state they hide behind the phrase:Virginia is a commonwealth state"
    Well according to all legal opinions a Commonwealth State is no different from any of the other states in the nation it is just a political play on words.
    Please everyone out there start writing your representitives demand WC reform in all states, Demand that the American worker be given back their rightful placement in this nation,not as the 2nd class citizens they have become.
    People say you have power in your vote,well lets try this,
    We have a Presidential election coming up as well as senators and reps. If not one working man or woman voted, no government defined middle class,working middle class poor, or poor voted and these people get elected by less then 3% of the national vote I think we would then know who they represent when they start placing their agendas out there, and I think they might step very cautiously since IMPEACHMENT is an option.
    We continue to go day to day here,more bad then good since I am sure depression is taking over besides my husbands injury but hey I am sure somewhere in the Constitution it must give us the right to be screwed by the Insurance companies and all that goes with it.
    States are privatizing Wc to supposably save the states money, well I wonder how many people are turned down and I wonder how much a business owner is seeing a decrease in their premiums? I am willing to be the 1st number is higher and the 2nd is non existent.
    Social Security Disability is no better, when you are told by lawyers and the agency itself that you have to be turned down at least 3 times before you get anywhere, well gee is kinda like a Ross Perot presidential bid!
    Every elected official can be contacted by email,every newspaper can be contacted by email,lets here the voices of this nation that we fought so hard to have.
    Have a good day and God Bless All of you

Wink Re: Virginia need revamping of Workmens comp laws

dbowyer< Hon I pray for you and youre family, I myself have been up against the Workers Compensation system, or so call system, I have been injured for 4 years now, and the nightmares that I could tell you is unreal. I do agree that the Laws have to be changed, and that it doesnt matter whom you vote for , it is all about the money.

As for what they do to us , if it was one of their family memebers they wouldnt stand for it, however they have the money and resourses to pay that those of us whom live paycheck to Paycheck, dont have. I have always said it was never about the money for my family and I , I have said that I put up with the mess because I wanted to make a difference, a little respect, even a hey we messed up, but NO Nothing!!

I have a back injury that causes left leg pain as well, no surgery was told that there is nothing that can be done, however, it states that because, Virginia failed to list a back injury as a major problem, and since my back is effecting my walking, well, then they dont care, The changes in my life are unreal, however, no matter how you fight, it is like fighting a brick wall. Who said America looks out for there people, Oh yes that was the part they forgot to add in or it is the small print no one looks at, America is for the people wo have money!!

The doctors are paid office , an in my case the employer is a self insured company so , hey they call all the shots, big surprise!! The doctors tell you one thing and turn around and write what the insurance company tells them to write.

The only thing that I hold to is Gods saying in the bible, "Vengence is mine saith the lord" I have come to realize that I will never be able to change the mind of my company, or anything, because, they are blinded by the greed,, even if they saw what they had done they wouldnt admit to it because they knew they would have to pay. The Govneror and Senators dont care, they are only worried about the money also.

However I do feel that when my case comes to a end, which i pray every day, that I will find a way to change these laws for my children as well as others, hey Norma Ray did it!!

Best of luck to youre husband and youre self I will be praying for each of you. This workers compensation life is a battle we did not ask for however. that was the price we have had to pay for trying to work to take care of our families WHAT WERE WE THINKING!!

Take care
    Juctice4me

Default Re: Virginia need revamping of Workemens comp laws

Hi, I have seen you're post you are very right about having these laws changed, I am just about to end a 4 year battle with the Virginia Workers Compensation system. I plan on seeking ways to have this law changed, I am not sure how to go about this, however I do not want any of my loved ones to face the things that I have faced only to be told that , well youre injury no matter how it has changed you entire life, well it is not worth any thing or we will not help you get the treatment you need, to get you back to where you were, lets face it after a injury, on the job or any where, you will never be the same again, life as you knew it has changed.

they send you to worthless doctors, who are paid to say what they want them to say, he would not dare say that you are permanly disable because they do not want to have the company or system mad at them, because it is a chance they want get paid, I really feel for you're family, and can relate to some of what you are going through. I will pray for you're husband and family., daily. and also pray that there is a way to change these laws.