Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unregistered Guest

Default Finally Settled And Over

ok, they have changed the site looks good. i haven't been on here in two months so update on my case. i just settled with the ic and recieved $127,500.,lawyer fees paid and 100% future medical. the ic tried to stop payments in july 05 because they said i wasn't complying with doctors orders, well the judge was having none of that he also order that they must reemburse me lost wages and and all travel and other out of pocket expensnces which the court set price at 580. per week (77 wks x $580.= $44,660. plus $1,200 for auto insurance per year, $4,000 for gas, tolls, and daycare for my daughter for all doc and pt appointments

I recieved a 68% rating. my injuries where as torn rotator cuff and labrum, broken clavical bone, all ribs on right side, never damages in arm, and not to forget loss of hearing in right ear. all this because a home owners wife let there dog loose making a furniture delievery.

now to the time it took for this to be done. i was mmi in july of this year and i recieved my check from my lawyer this morning and it was for a total of
    $177,360. dollars. well after all the bills i couldn't pay over the time of my injuries and all are paid still with a healthy amount left but it doesn't change the pain nor that i can never work again so where is justice in the system.
    i was always made to feel like i did something wrong and that it was my fault.
    meny here can relate to feeling hopelessly stuck in the system of wc and feeling like your at the mercy of the ic but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. there really is. now the feeling of hopelessness is gone but the feeling of helplessness is there to replace it.

so good luck to all and hopefully it will workout in the end for you

sincerely:
    Jalacko Le'Tekra somewhere in New jersey

Default Re: finally over and settled in new jersey

Glad to hear you can finally move on.
    ~ Good luck to you
    Tom

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: finally over and settled in new jersey

I settled my case last week, its finally over and i don't have to answer them idiots again for my injuries, i can get on with my life, thank god i found a good lawyer to represent my case after having idiot lawyers before this ionw who didn't their butt from a hole in the ground. I will have enough money to buy my first home-never owned one before, always lived with friends or relatives. My chioldren will be very happy that they will have their own home to call home. I won't have any medical because there is nothing more that can be done for me for my injuries i sustained-neck and back injury. I had surgery because of a car accident in 2/06 which aggravated the first injury to my neck-feels much better, hardly no pain what so ever. I also injured my lower back in which there is nothing in the mri's showing herniated disks or anything. I only have to rest alot and take tyleno; for the pain when it acts up.

And to the "other" unregistered... I too have neck injuries along with both shoulders. Hurt back in May of '05 while training in the FD (volunteer). Feel like I'm getting nowhere, taking Lyrica, Vicodin, Mobic, and Robaxin to name a few.
    I'm hoping that I will be in your position someday soon.
    Need to get back to work!
    ~ Be well
    Tom

Unregistered Guest

Glad to hear some good stories for a change. I really am happy for you guys, I really mean that!!God bless you guys and your families.

CMJ 1 Guest

Thomas, is that you??? I've been wondering how you've been. Has WC turned the ugly cheek towards you now? You were doing pretty well there for a while.

I'm still without a doctors appointment. It's all been agreed upon but WC still won't pay the bills or set me up with a doctor. They've got Voc Med started on my case just to bother me. I can't believe my lawyers are making me attend. Not a happy camper. I do have to meet with a Voc Med person at my attorneys office. This will be interesting. Go all that way for someone to hand me a list of jobs to apply for. I wonder if they will hand over some pain medication too.

Yep, this entire system bites the big one.

Glad for those of you who've settle. What I wouldn't give for a decent settlement just so I can get the health care that I need. I can't wait for the day I can move on with my life. I'm going on a whopping 9 YEARS! UGH.

Hello CMJ 1
    It is indeed "Thomas". I've been here doing the same ol', same ol'. Going to another set of doctors, still out of work. I did go back in May and lasted about 4 or 5 weeks at which point the pain got so bad I fell to my knees from the pain shooting from my neck all the way down to my lower back. I am again going through PT which is giving me more pain and more tingling in my fingers and hand. Have an appointment tomorrow with my new ortho to see what he's suggesting now..
    Sorry to hear things are not going well for you CMJ but for me everything is still going as well as can be. I don't have the problems you have with doctors or meds. I gotta say not one appoinment or prescription has been questioned but then again it's only been a year and a half.
    ~ Keep plugging
    Tom

CMJ 1 Guest

Thomas, glad to hear things are still going fairly smoothly for you. I remember you saying you may have to do the disc ectomy. I had a great neuro surgon that did a fantastic job. Those pains are long gone....... for the most part. Still wishing for the doctors appointment. I would love to get some help on my lower back. It's now becoming a pain in my ars! no kidding.... lol. Ok, hips mostly and legs. Still, I'm definitley tired of being ignored. Right now Voc Rehab is getting in the way of my medical treatment. I and my lawyers have not idea why they are involved. We can't get an answer from anyone.

Still hanging in there.

Quick update: went to the doc today. He is sending me back to my Neuro to get a Discomy (or what ever it's called) set up. Testing my spine to find the problem area. Told it's going to hurt but what can you do
    Tom

Make that a Cervical Discography
    Tom