Default Sad News in Southern California

Last night the wife of an IW who I met on here not long ago, took his own life last night over Worker's Comp.
    He had fallen at work and broken his Neck and destroyed several lumbar and cervical vertebrae. The workers comp company (Zurich North American) denied his benefits for the first 4 month. When they did acknowledge his claim they pissed around until he was totally incapacitated in a wheelchair. He lost his Home, Car, Retirement savings, 401k, even his wifes 401k is wiped out. The IC refused to pay for his pain meds for the last several month, and at $200 a week PDA he could not afford to buy them.The UCLA hospital system refused to treat him because it was a Workers Comp injury. Even the Indigent get treatment at a county hospital, but a IW cannot.
    He shot himself. The note he left said he could not deal with the pain anymore, The Vipers at the Insurance company did this to him. He watched everything he had worked for 25 years to build slip away. State Disability Insurance refused to even talk to him, since it was a W/C injury.

Arnold,
    You said you would never sign a bill that would hurt a "TRULY INJURED WORKER".. Arnold I hope she sues you and the IC over the handling of this claim.. I think we should put up a tent city in front of Arnolds Brentwood estate, all wearing t-shirts saying "TRULY INJURED WORKER". But the real reason he signed 899 was he is an Employer who has to pay WC premiums.. Guess if you treat your Employees like shit, then a Truly Injured worker is just a fly on your strudle.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Sad News in Southern California

SHOOTER?? what was this IW's named?? How Crazy!

Quote Quoting Unregistered View Post
    SHOOTER?? what was this IW's named?? How Crazy!
    The Wife of the IW ask me not to post his Screen Name, She has contacted an attorney and plans to sue The IC over Wrongful Death and Professional Incompetence. This may become a media event in Light of 899 allowing the IC medical treatments or Lack of being almost punitive toward the IW & his family.

Unregistered Guest

This same company has not paid me any of my benefits for over three years. They do this as company policy. I have try to kill myself a few times. i lost everything, I went bankruptcy, they haven't pay me ttd, pda, pd, they did not authorized meds, doctor's visits. They are the 70th biggest company in the world. What a SHAME! I fill very sorry for the IW who commited suicide!

Quote Quoting Unregistered View Post
    This same company has not paid me any of my benefits for over three years. They do this as company policy. I have try to kill myself a few times. i lost everything, I went bankruptcy, they haven't pay me ttd, pda, pd, they did not authorized meds, doctor's visits. They are the 70th biggest company in the world. What a SHAME! I fill very sorry for the IW who commited suicide!
    If you could send me an e-mail at:
    shooter90027@yahoo.com

I can put you in touch with her attorney.

Unregistered Guest

So sad. I'm sure the adjuster is happy--they get to close another file.

I wish that every person who works in WC claims gets injured next year and tries to get their benefits.

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy Re: Sad News in Southern California

I've been injured since 2003!! Now the IC refuse's to pay me benefits. They want to fight me all the way to the California Supreme Court. Does anyone know how if these IC's can be fined for abusing the Court System to delay benefits to IW's????

Nope.. I wish they could be hels accountable for their denials and delays that Increases or causes a injury to an IW In Court.. When the IW gets a say in Open Court not some Micky Mouse WCAB hearing.. At Least in a Trial I am allowed a jury of my Peers. I want 12 people with DDD and Failed Cervical Fusions.