Unregistered Guest

Default Waiting on settlement offer from workers comp

I have not hired an attorney yet because I wanted to wait and see what W/C was gonna offer first, Is this wise? My back injury occurred July 23, 2006 I have already been through the shots in my back and all of the physical therapy. I have already had the test (FCE) where they see what your limitations are and they have been recieved by my neuroligist and he has passed them along to W/C along with his evaluations. He has given me 21% whole body disability. Does anyone know what kind of settlement that the W/C Insurance Co will offer or how the formula works to figure this settlement amount.

Thanks

Default Re: Waiting on settlement offer from W/C

Body as a whole = 400 weeks. 21%=84 weeks.
    http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/wcfaq.html

Unregistered Guest

yes but if you are not able to do the job that you once did then it will be 6x that amount they will try to under cut you there is a 1.5 x cap if you are able to do the same job you done before listen from someone that knows if they offer you less then 100k then get a lawyer in the state tenn. there is a law and it says even if you settle your medicals are open for life thats the law so if you take 100k you still get your medicals they cannot buy your medicals off and you can't sell them its the law after 3 years you can settle them unless you have a injury to your body as a whole that means a perment disabilty so get at least 100k and your medicals will be open they can't touch them in tennessee if they offer you less than 100k tell them your demand of at least 100k and then if they dont want to pay call them and tell them they will have to talk to your lawyer from now on

Unregistered Guest

Is that 84 weeks x times my full average weekly salary or 2/3rds of it? And what about other factors like unable to perform my job anymore at all ? I think seeking counsel is probably going to be necessary right?

Unregistered Guest

yes seek a lawyer i have a few that are board certified if you would like please give me your e-mail and i can give you there names i use one of them and they are great and stay on top of there stuff really good guys and go to hushmail.com and get you a free account it is encripted and free then give me the addy and i will give you as much info as you need just post it on this thread and use it only for private matters and if you dont check it in 3 weeks it will be delited so its safe i was in your same position but if you have a great lawyer it helps so much just let me know what you need

Unregistered Guest

Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    Body as a whole = 400 weeks. 21%=84 weeks.
    http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/wcfaq.html
    Is that the full weekly average pay or 66/23rds like I was getting weekly from W/C

Unregistered Guest

its at the 66% level look you need a lawyer you should be getting about a 100k for your injury and open medicals they can't take your medicals in tenn. everyday you let pass without a lawyer you hurt your chances of a good settlement and in tenn. a lawyer can only take 20% thats the law if you need one let me know if not good luck

No comp doesn't pay wages like a job; the comp rate is 2/3 of your pay. It's not required that you get a lawyer but if you want to challenge the rating as wrong then you might.
    Last edited by .SH; 12-17-2006 at 08:20 AM.