Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    anonymous Guest

Default Will Worker's Comp Pay For Home Hot Tubs

I hurt my neck, which has sent pain to my hands.

Question. My Dr. RX is for me to use a hot tub 2x a day. does workmans compensation pay for a hot tub in my yard.

anonymous Guest

Hot tub therapy is different then buying you a hot tub. Most likely they'll locate a heath club or nearby facility to provide the treatment.

edk Guest

A hot tub could mean a soak in your bath tub with hot water couldn't it?

Otherwise if he actually wrote an prescription for therapy your wc will arrange for you to go to a facility that provided that particular therapy.

Just a couple of thoughts

Lightbulb Re: Hot Tubs

Your Dr. may actually submit a requisition for a hot tub to your health insurance company, only in situations where you are too far removed from a physical therapy aquatic program or any other place you could utilize a hot tub. However, if your insurance does cover a purchase of one for you, and they do under certain circumstances, if you win a WC case you will have to pay the cost of the hot tub back to your health insurance company, just as you would pay back the other charges (medical bills), that your insurance paid. Hope this helps....TBOT

Default Re: Hot Tubs

Never mind the fact that heat will tend to worsen you symptoms - being stiffer and in more pain about 20 minutes after the heat. It actually increases edema in the damaged tissues and joints.

Default Re: Hot Tubs

Quote Quoting POR View Post
    Never mind the fact that heat will tend to worsen you symptoms - being stiffer and in more pain about 20 minutes after the heat. It actually increases edema in the damaged tissues and joints.
    right POR, the only heat i do is in the shower, ice packs hurt too.

Default Re: Will Worker's Comp Pay For Home Hot Tubs

Never mind the fact that you folks are responding to a post that is over four years old. Shame on you thisbecauseofthat for opening up a dead thread. I mean no harm THBOT, but I just couldn't resist this one. Hubert is likely the only one that will get IT, LLT hwj ........

Now in the real world this information could certainly still be useful for someone reading it even though the OP isn't likely still hanging around. Just for the record my torn tendons are made to feel much better with the application of heat and DO NOT hurt worse afterward. I guess it just depends on the injury if heat is helpful. Kind of seems silly for anyone to use a heat/ice treatment IF it actually exacerbates the pain.
    "He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client"
    Abraham Lincoln

Take Care and Be Well.

Quote Quoting SteelMagnolia View Post
    Never mind the fact that you folks are responding to a post that is over four years old. Shame on you thisbecauseofthat for opening up a dead thread. I mean no harm THBOT, but I just couldn't resist this one. Hubert is likely the only one that will get IT, LLT hwj ........

Now in the real world this information could certainly still be useful for someone reading it even though the OP isn't likely still hanging around. Just for the record my torn tendons are made to feel much better with the application of heat and DO NOT hurt worse afterward. I guess it just depends on the injury if heat is helpful. Kind of seems silly for anyone to use a heat/ice treatment IF it actually exacerbates the pain.
    i just could not resist it, but a friend of mine did get a hot tub installed at his house paid for by BWC, they figured it was cheaper to do than pay for trips to spas. i hear hwj is not very well received, but he is having a bit of fun do not go to that place if your feelings get hurt easily

You know that is right Hubert. I am glad you are enjoying tormenting those HR jerks. Good to see you standing up to them. I would love someone to put me a hot tub in. More for my hubby than for myself. Guess I just might have to buy him one when I get back to work which will be soon I hope.

Steel
    "He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client"
    Abraham Lincoln

Take Care and Be Well.

Tendonopathy does repsond well to heat. Different structure, different problem and different tretment as a result. That's why Ultrasound (heat), Cold laser therapy(heat of a type) various balms, and vigorous cross friction massage all work so well in tendon injuries. Necks ? not so good.