Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: law talk

Default law talk

i am in a heated dispute on another board. They are trying to say that if you are hurt at work and the company doctor gives you a off work slip and he wants to see you befroe you go back to work and you give the slip to your employer the employer can still force you to work and not accept the company docotrs off work order. this is not true is it they can't force a hurt employee to work can they if the company doctor takes you off work. even the moderater over there is saying i am wrong and take my wrong info else were. the forum name is labor law talk am i wrong can an employer force you to work and not accept your slip

Default Re: law talk

any doctor can release you back to work it doesn't have to be the company doc.
    what do you mean "force" you to return to work? they can't use physical force as that would be criminal assault.
    But you are correct the carrier/employer has to pay you disability if you have uncontroverted medical disability authorization.
    whether you have an off work slip or not your job is only protected for 13 weeks under fmla otherwise if you are not back you can be replaced.
    Last edited by .SH; 03-08-2007 at 02:24 PM.

The employee fell at work. His work sent him to the company doctor. The company doctor told the employee not to work for 1 week and come back and see him in a week the doctor gave the employee a off work slip no work until the compnay doctor sees him again. The employee goes back to his job and turns the slip in and employer says we are not going to take your off work slip and you must come into work tomorrow.

hey sh go to www.laborlawtalk.com and click on today's post and scroll down until you see hurt in tennessee read that post

injuerd at work tennessee is the name of the thread

lostlife~
    I left a message over there

Wink (AKA ItzJustMe)

i see wink they are giving wrong info out over there and its a shame that poor guy probably took it to heart

Arrow Re: law talk

lostlife if everything you are posting on this board is the same as the other board and the slip was off work for 1 week by the company Dr. then I agree with you that he should not have to go to work. Just my opinion from what you've posted on this site. Best of Luck!!

i also asked my lawyer if the employer could make the employee go to work and he said no way not if it was a company doctor and it was a work related injury

lostlife~
    Check out the other forum. Eventhough it may be too late for the poster who needed the right help, I'm still I'm proud of ya for stepping in! Looks like others stepped in to help you out, too!! I couldn't help but throw my 2 cents worth in

Hey guys...., am I missing something here? Go to this forum and tell what you think. My screen name is "ItzJustMe" over there. I just think that most of the posters GAVE the wrong info to the original poster who was asking for help. I'm not picking a fight over there----I'm just trying to show what should have been for the poor fellow.

http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthre...d=1#post872102

http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthre...=163322&page=2