Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Question Can Back Child Support Be Taken From A Settlement

    If my husband has old debts such as child support, when he receives the settlement will they be able to take a certain amount or percentage from the settlement? The support is owed in MN but we live in NC.

    tired wife

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006

    Default Re: Settlement question.....

    A child support lien is considered a legitimate deduction from work comp settlement proceeds.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Settlement question.....

    TiredWife, if your husband legitimately owes back child support then he can expect it to be taken out of his WC settlement. It dosen't matter what state it is owned in nor what state the WC claim is filed/settled in. he can expect a lien on his WC settlement to satisfy the out standing balance of the child support.
    "He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client"
    Abraham Lincoln

    Take Care and Be Well.

Similar Threads

  1. Child Support vs. WC
    By Bill81270 in forum Connecticut
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 05:38 PM
  2. Back Child Support While Out on Workers Comp
    By midwest09 in forum Georgia
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 05:47 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 10:20 AM
  4. WC payment and child support
    By jwh in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 01:34 PM
  5. W/C and Child Support
    By ingainjured in forum Georgia
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2005, 06:36 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Find a Lawyer