Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can You Get A Workers Comp Settlement In Texas

Yes, but not temporary income benefits. TIBs pay you while you are off work. Impairment Income Benefits pay you something for your permanent impairment once you reach maximum medical improvement. Once you get the impairment rating, those benefits can be paid even if you have returned to work. Regarding your situation, if your job offers to comply with your light duty restrictions and offers you work, then if you don't go to work, you won't get paid the TIBs you would otherwise be owed. If you have light duty restrictions and your job refuses to let you work light duty, then you would be owed TIBs. To protect yourself, your best bet is to go to work and work within your restrictions. If your employer makes you exceed your restrictions, you will need to discuss that with your doctor. If it continues, you may need to talk to an attorney.
    Matt Lewis
    www.mattlewislaw.com
    972-644-1111

Got injured on 11-25-2015 got little finger caught in conveyor belt burned down my middle knuckle can you tell me what to expect? can't bend it

Quote Quoting Quinne1974 View Post
    Got injured on 11-25-2015 got little finger caught in conveyor belt burned down my middle knuckle can you tell me what to expect? can't bend it
    The question is - what do YOU expect?
    You hurt your pinky, it will hurt for a couple of weeks and life goes on - come on, let's get real.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

It will hurt, it will heal, you'll be able to bend it again.

you could probably expect to get nothing. did they pay for the doctor,any meds any pt for the pinky did the employer pay you for the time off???;like Tony said, get real dude how much is bruising the finger worth. ive gotten stitches,2nd degree burns broken didgits and I never even thought of filing a claim ,let alone seek compensation imo people like you filing a claim like this, screws it up for really hurt people.

I just graduated from college last year as a Paralegal. And it is true that bush did that stupid change

Quote Quoting LA503 View Post
    I just graduated from college last year as a Paralegal. And it is true that bush did that stupid change
    Bush did a lot of stupid things, which change are you referring to?

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Oct 17 got pinky finger amputated

Oct 17 got pinky finger amputated
    Texas is one state that does not pay scheduled awards, they pay Impairment Income Benefit (IIB) for an amputated finger.
    Your doctor will give you an Permanent Impairment Rating which will determine the amount of weeks you will be paid.
    My guess is you will receive 15- 20 weeks of Impairment Income Benefits for an amputated pinky - most states with a scheduled loss chart pay 20 weeks.

Thus it is problematic to make a direct comparison between the Texas IIB and PPD claims in other states. While it is possible for an injured Texas worker to receive only IIBs in cases of permanent impairment but little lost time from worker (e.g., a severed digit on a finger or toe), these situations do not occur frequently.
    http://www.tdi.texas.gov/reports/wcreg/benefit.html

Tony