Default Difference of Opinion Between Doctors

What happens when the WC doctor says you can return to work, but you have gone to your own doctor and he says you need help, do not return to work? Is this where WC takes a hike and you are on your own?
    Lue

Default Re: Doctors

I would imagine that you have a right to a second opinion on the matter and if WC walks then you certainly would be able to appeal the decision which at minimum should keep medical and comp bennies being paid untill the appeals process is over. However aWC lawyer in your state would be able to answer you with more authority than I.

Wink Re: Doctors

lue it is my understanding that you can get a second opinion and it can be used in court the only thing is that work doesn't have to view restrictions but your own private doctor might give higher ratings and som e attorneys send clients to non I/C doctors to get better ratings.You are entitled to a second opinion if you want and it could only help.I don't think they can take a hike on that but maybe STEEL or JLJ will key in on that.
    Last edited by hl2164; 10-09-2007 at 03:48 PM. Reason: add

I can see a WC doctor sending us back to full duties when we are not capable of doing the work. It's totally different when you can pick up a grocerie bag and take it to the car, but different doing it 8 hours with lot heavier weights.
    The part that I don't know about is when you are sent back to work, yet cannot do it from the pain. Since the WC doctor sent you back, where do you go from there? Back to the WC doctor or do you go to a personal doctor and have him call the WC doctor? Or just refuse to do the work?
    Anyone ever have this particular experience when WC doctor has told you to go back to work?
    Lue

Quote Quoting Lue View Post
    I can see a WC doctor sending us back to full duties when we are not capable of doing the work. It's totally different when you can pick up a grocerie bag and take it to the car, but different doing it 8 hours with lot heavier weights.
    The part that I don't know about is when you are sent back to work, yet cannot do it from the pain. Since the WC doctor sent you back, where do you go from there? Back to the WC doctor or do you go to a personal doctor and have him call the WC doctor? Or just refuse to do the work?
    Anyone ever have this particular experience when WC doctor has told you to go back to work?
    Lue
    yes lue, every time i see a WC dr. they say can return to work. 98% of time they do this, this is how they keep income from BWC coming in. i was 4 weeks from getting double fusion in low back, the WC dr. said i can return to full duty. . all you need to do is get reports from your doctor, and contact your attorney, and appeal, do not let them just shut you down before you and YOUR doctor say you are ready, and ask your doctor to refer you to rehab, and work harding if he thinks you are ready. the therapy will do world of good before you return to work, you will do better returning to work after getting in better shape. good luck, take care of yourself, my prayers are with all.