Default Need Advice please

I was injured in the coal mines a little over a year ago,and still not able to work.I've seen about four Dr's,it's up in the air whether to do exploreatory surgery or amputation,my L index finger was crushed in the knuckle,and has been numb from knuckle down from day one.The bone wasn't broken,only a closed fracture.Alot of pain,even now after a year.But can't pin point where it's coming from.Couple Dr's said RSD is involved.Anyway,w/c stopped sending checks in April cause of misunderstanding over the MMI,was told by attorney to file unemployment,now thats run out and still not able to work.Dr's have set restrictions so high for that hand.Now told w/c might have to pay back pay and I might have to pay back unemployment.Has anyone heard of having to do this?My lawyer says this is the most messed up case he's ever seen.
    All replys would help,Thanks

Default Re: Need Advice please

you may want to go see dr. rindani in corbin, ky. also look up dr. aron stern in cincinnati, ohio. they rebuilt my hand after it was mashed in the mines. also there is a guy e. millward in barbourville, ky. he is a very good attorney. he helps miners. i am a former miner, 5th generation. got a love that bluegem.

Unhappy Re: Need Advice please

Thanks for the info.I have an attorney in Bowling Green but not sure he's
    on top of things.What about this mess with unemployment.Does it sound
    like I'll be paying them back?All this is such a mess.

if you get the workers comp thru. they most likely will deduct it from there. also they have been known to just let it go. depends on circumstances.

Quote Quoting ky_coalminer View Post
    Thanks for the info.I have an attorney in Bowling Green but not sure he's
    on top of things.What about this mess with unemployment.Does it sound
    like I'll be paying them back?All this is such a mess.
    The unemployment benefits you received while WC was disputing your TTD, will have to be reimbursed by you or the IC. You can't get benefits for the same time period from 2 sources...that would be 'double dipping'...
    As a rule, the IC will take the amount to be reimbursed to the state for the unemployment you received and send you the corrected balance they owe for the back TTD benefits.

Thanks for all your information.I'll just be glad when this is all over and I can go back to work.Never thought it would take this long (over a year) to get a case settled for just a finger.I should'nt complain tho,I know there's cases that involve real people going on longer than mine.