Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Head Injuries, Ever felt this?

Anyone ever felt like an extremely heavy ball is rolling around your head, just as a ball in a roulette wheel spins? It as if you are fighting to keep your head from moving, rolling around with the weight of it The feeling is a strong centrifical force, and gives you the feeling of moving back and forth. As it happens, it feels as if your brain is seperating and floating away from your head. I had to shut my eyes and just put my head down until it passed. It is not the feeling of the room spinning, but as if your brain is spinning. After it passed, I felt OK.
    I wonder if it is a lack of blood to the head or a surge in blood pressure. It doesn't hurt, it just stops you in your tracks and it almost could make you feel sick if it were to go on much longer.
    Lue

Default Re: Head Injuries, Ever felt this?

Lue;I would suspect bloodpressure but I'm no Dr.,talk to your Dr..

Hi hl2164,
    That is some kind of crazy feeling. I wonder if I used to be a roulette wheel in my first life, but brought the ball with me in this second go round! He-he!!
    Wanna place a bet?

I finally am going to have an MRI next week. I thought it would never come about with all the stalling going on. So, now I can see if there really is a ball in my head, or it could just be my tiny brain rolling up there.

I hope you are doing OK these days.
    Lue

Thats good to hear I go the 11th for an MRI the 14 for another epidural through the front of my neck agian hitting another nerve and the 19 for anotherEMG(the Dr. wants to check to see if I have some nerve damage in my elbow)or ulnar as he put it because I'm going numb from my elbow to my fingers.It sounds like things are starting to work out for you finally I didn't know you had a head injury thats nothing to play around with but the IC and employer will play around even if it kills it's all about money with them not to mention their(managers)bonuses.And with them thats what it's mostly about with them.I'm glad to hear that your finally getting the care you disserve I've noticed when you hold out and don't let in to their intemidations and IGNORANT LIES then they'll be the ones who give up and finally stop trying to con you.I have had those same symptoms I guess it was about 15 years ago when I had a concussion(long story).Not saying thats what's wrong with you because it could be anything and I'm not a Dr. but it should have been checked out long before now.Listen lue be strong and IM me and I'll tell you about something that worked for me recently(you've got to hear this you'll love it)it'll make you laugh it did me.
    Take care of yourself Lue.
    HL.....

Hi hl2164!
    I figured they are going to make sure I am mentally impaired so that I do not come back to work! Jerks!
    The jerks sent the MRI results to Dr. Idiot, and he is a orthopedic doc.
    I know they are going to say that since this MRI shows nothing, that there is no reason to do any more tests, and go back to PT.

What have you done to those people at your workplace that care so much about your health now? He-he!!!! Did ya kick the beehive again?

Check your PM!!!!!!!! I have reached out and touched ya!
    Lue

My husband refers to that "electrical sh*t" in his head! It might be, though, seizure related activity as opposed to his actual closed head injury that he is feeling.

myhusbandgothurtbadly,
    That is what I have come to believe myself. It takes total control of your mind and body. I don't know that you would be able to get help for yourself if it continued very long and no one was there. So far, mine don't last that long.
    I hope your husband gets better. When it affects him, it affects you as well. You want to help him get better, but there is nothing you can do. Just be there for each other.
    Lue

Lue ,now that I think about it that feeling that your getting sounds more like sezures to me too and I know something about sezures being as how I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was a kid but grew out of it and was released at age 17.I haven't had any sezures since I was about 15 that I can remember but the symptoms sound the same.Not saying that what your going through is epilepsy because a head injury can cause simalar sezures to epilepsy and be verry hard to find even with a MRI.Lue you need to ask this orthopedic Dr. to see a neurologist because he is not trained to diagnose or treat something like that(and that is how I would put it)more or less but I would be nice and a little slick about it.Let me help you with this one when you go to that ortho next start telling him about your symptoms and ask if he can treat you for a head injury with sezures because you believe you are having sezures and you believe you need to be refered to a neurologist.He knows he is not trained to treat that sort of problem and although he may not want to refer you that may compell him to refer you because he knows he's not trained to treat an injury of that sort.Anyway try that it might help get what you need.Just keep your head and be as nice about as possable.Something tells me that he'll feel compelled to refer you.Best of luck.
    HL.....

WOULD YA'LL BELIEVE that my husband's seizures were first diagnosed as a stroke? Then, he began to have multiple ones and I told the Dr., "Dr., he is having one of these strokes EVERY DAY!" W/C at first did their best to make it look like two separate things (i.e. his physical injuries from his accident were in no way related to his "strokes"). I'm sure glad we got that cleared up!

hl2164
    I sure do appreciate your help. It is hard to describe things sometimes. I will use your method if they ever send me back to the Orthopedic doctor. I think he dismissed me, since he said there was nothing else he could do. So he was sending me to a neurologist. The CM said we had to get the MRI before we got the Neurologist. I have not been given a neurologist to go see. Sounds like I need to make a phone call. I do believe they have cut me off of WC too. I got paid for one day, on the last check I received.
    But, I am going to try your way. I am not glad that you experienced the seizures, but I am glad you were able to tell me how it felt.

myhusbandgothurtbadly,
    I know that had to scare you to death! I can't imagine thinking he was having a stroke each day since that is what they told you. I am sure yo were wondering what part of his mind would be left each day. That is cruel. I am glad they found out it was a seizure. Not that I am glad he has them. I am sorry that he has them.
    How does he describe the seizures that he has. Does he know he is having them?
    Lue