Default Comp For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

I have recently been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome. I have worked in the grocery industry for the last 28 years. The last ten years has been for a bread company as a deliver driver. My doctor is telling me unless I have used a jack hammer for the last 10 years I was born with CTS. My comp claim has been denied based on the doctors opinion this is not work related. I am seeking legal advice and would like to bring sanctions against this doctor for the continued pain suffering and loss of use of my hands while this now goes through the process of comp red tape and second opinions. Any advice or legal referrals greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Comp For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

You cannot sue for pain and suffering, unfortunately. What that doctor did was give you HIS opinion, and that's not against the Law. If I were you, I would get a second opinion (doctor). I would also retain a board certified Comp attorney. Good luck.

Thanks yes I know I can not sue for a docs opinion I do know but can't prove he did this to help the employer. Its very frustrating that I was all set to have my hands fixed and at the last minute I get hit with his statement that " In the absence of any reported work relationship. I had previously advised MR dog that I feel this is a naturally occurring disease process in his upper extremities which merits surgery under his personal health plan" He did not advise me of this at least in my mind he did try and persuade me to file under personal insurance. I did tell him of all the strains my wrists have been under with the work I do.

I now have another docs opinion & it conflicts with the first docs. The ins. company now tells me this will need to be litigated and they are sending me for a third opinion sheeeeeeesh. The adjuster sugested that if I told my personal ins. I made a mistake and it is not workers comp and did nothing else with the case it would go away. Is it just me or is this a royal load of crap????

had 1st surgery today. last week when i saw the 2nd doc his opinion was work related. today after surgery he said the exact same thing as 1st doc word for word. what do you have to do? i know the work i do helped cause this .