Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Tension Running High Lately!

I know I've been One to get Upset and Argue at Times, and I wasn't exactly Nice to Ron and Charolette, for that I want to Start with an Apology. You both have a Right to Post here as all others do, and Ron, the only reason I took Any Offense at all was Because You Quoted Me in one of Your Threads, and I May have took what You were trying to Say Wrong, if I did, You have My Apology. And Charolette, I'm Sorry, but No Matter How Hard I Try, I just don't Understand, so I'll Say Maybe it's Me not Reading or Comprehending Correctly! But We ALL Have to Remember, with the Holiday Season Approaching, and Many Here not being able to Provide for Their Families as Well as They would want to, Especially at this Time of Year, Stress and Pressure is going to be Running a Lot Higher than Usual, this is My Third Year on Here, and I've seen this Happen Before the Holidays Before! Please Everyone, let's take a moment to Think before We Post, and let our Knowledge and Helpfulness come Before Our Emotion! We ALL Need Help, and drawing Lines in the Sand is not going to get the Job Done, We Must Work Together! So I'm Starting this Off with My Apologies to Ron and Charolette, and I Hope others May think and Follow, so that We can Get Back to doing what this Site is for Helping Each Other!! My Best to ALL Of You, and I Hope We can All put Emotion Aside, and try and Help Each Other through these trying Times!! Thanks for taking the Time to Read this, and the Very Best of the Holidays to All of You!!!

Default Re: Tension Running High Lately!

I would like to add to Scar's post~
    In these most difficult times we are all going through please try to count your blessings, as little as they may be...there are certainly people all over the world suffering as much and even more than we are. There are babies dying in our hospitals, people who have no place to live due to natural disasters, children starving all over the world, genocide happening on our earth. It all just breaks my heart...
    I'm thankful that I have shelter, food, family, I can hear, I can see, I can walk, I have the ability to be able to come here and get help and support from peers, my list can be as endless as I want it to be.
    I'm thankful when my silly ass cat meows!
    I just know that if I don't count my blessings every day, I tend to forget that I have so much to be thankful for.

Exclamation Re: Tension Running High Lately!

Thanks for Adding Your Thoughts Injured, but I have to Assume at this Point, My Thread has Failed! I am going to leave for a while, until all of this calms down, I have enough Turmoil in My Own Life to come on Here to try and Help, and Listen to All of this Bickering and Name Calling!! I will check My PM Occasionally if anyone wants to Ask Me a Question, or if I can be of any Assistance, but until Some People on Here remember the reason We are Here, is to Help and not Add Stress, I won't be Posting! Happy Holidays to All, and I will Return when All of this calms down, I just can't take it right Now, things are too Tough for Me right now to have the Added Stress!! Maybe Tony will See what's Happening and put a Stop to it, He must be away or something, He usually wouldn't let something like this Continue!! Best to All, and Try to stay as Pain-Free as Possible!!!

Hey, Scar, don't leave, who will I read if you go? I couldn't agree more with you and I can see what you are talking about. I have been in a lot more pain than usual the last few days and haven't been reading as much as normal and to be honest was a little surprised at some of the, shall we say, indelicate responsess the last couple of days. You are so right, this time of year people get stressed way more easily than other times, especially when you are used to providing your loved ones all that they want and suddenly are in a position when you can't even effectively take care of yourself. I know I have been in a quandry as my knees have really been painful with the coming of cold weather and suddenly I realize that I may need to have the surgery much sooner than I wanted. To be honest I have been putting it off as I am scared to death. I need both knees replaced and as painful as my knees are now there is so much that can go wrong that I just don't know what to do or when to do it. Then there are my little dogs two of which have awful separation anxiety when I am gone which probably sounds stupid but they have really been my life since I am so confined. My goal right now is just to get through the Holidays and then get on with what I have to do. Want to hear something funny? Yesterday I got up resolved to call and get my primary care doctor to get me a referral to see the surgeon and get things moving. At first I thought my phones were out and then I found I could get through to every one but the doctors office I needed to talk to for the referral. Was almost as though God was talking to me and telling me to wait. I know that it was just a coincidence but still I just can't seem to make that call now. I keep thinking though that the longer I put this off the longer my legs are going to hurt. My hips hurt really bad as well and I won't even let them look at them, I don't think I could handle any mroe right now. So I am with you, we do need to stop and think before we post and be certain we are being kind regardless of what we might want to say. This is such a wonderful, supportive forum it would be terrible to see it get off track. Once again you are right on the nose with your post so you can see how important it is for you to stay on board. I sure hope you do as you have been a big help to me so many times and I am sure there are many others who feel the same way.

Talking Re: Tension Running High Lately!

Scar,
    just wanted to take a second and tell you not to leave.
    I for one have receive very good advice from you and wanted to take this opportunity to thank you.
    Don't know what is going on and don't want to.
    It would have no bearing on what kind of person you come across as, caring and knowledgeable.
    Stick it out we will miss you
    Many will suffer without your advice

Scar this is a thread that needed to be started. THANK YOU.

Sadly there are going to be those that will just keep pushing no matter what. For some reason they seem to have to prove something. I guess there are bullies everywhere. These forums should be and generally are about helping others to navigate the WC system. None of us including the so called professionals know it all or are right all the time. Many times I think we tend to read into some of the posts more than we should. More often than not we should be asking questions and getting clarification before we jump into some of the diatribe which has been slung around here. I suppose there will always be those that find it necessary to belittle others. Sadly they often can and do provide valuable information but their message gets lost in it's delivery. Maybe everyone can just take a deep breath and we can have a big group hug and start over until the next time.

Lightbulb Re: Tension Running High Lately!

Thanks for the Responses Everyone, and Please don't take My Post Wrong, I'm not leaving for Good, I'm just going to take a Break. My PM is Open to Any and All, I just Really don't Want nor Need the Stress the Board is Giving Me at the Moment! I'm setting Here in My Wheel Chair at 45 Yrs. Old, trying Like Hell to get into the Holiday Spirit, and I Will one Way or Another!!! (LOL)
    Everyone Just needs to Slow things Down, think Before Posting, and try and Remember that Respect travels through this Computer, just as it does in Person. We All Need to Be Helping right now, not Fighting, that's Why I Started My Tread with Apologies, Hoping others would Follow, and this would End!! Hopefully Soon it Will!! Be Well, and Keep Your Pain as Low as Possible!!!

I offer an apology if there is anyone I have hurt or offended.
    I dont want to hurt or offend anyone.
    Whatever~~~~~~~~~~

Scar,

I just want to say thank you for your wonderful posts. They have been educational and inspirational.I have learned so much about comp just by reading your posts. I too owe an apology to you for not thanking you sooner. So a great big THANK YOU !.I understand you wanting to take a break from the forum once in a while because I have to do that also. Sometimes this sight can get pretty depressing,their are soo many people that are hurt so bad on this sight and I can see your compassion for all of them .Your a good person Scar, so I hope you don,t leave this sight.Also ,Thank you for writing the thread about patience. God must of had you write that when I needed it most.So I hope you start to feel better and I hope this Holiday Season puts a smile on your face. Take care friend!

OK if i have hurt anyones feelings,and or offended anyone, i am sorry. i have not been in here much lately, as my wife has seen that i get stressed when in here. it is because it makes me so angry that the so called workers comp system that is here to help injured workers is only helping the employers and themselves. i am now in a job search program, even tho the program seems to think this is a waste of everyones time. but we agreed that we have to jump thru the hoops. it is sad that a company that workers comp hired to find me a job, called them and asked why am i sent to them. the job search consists of myself and the counselor sitting and talking for the day. they are not going to send me out. so sense the BWC wants to waste the money, we will waste the time. yes i agree, this is the most stressful time of year.