Thread: Job Search

Default Job Search

I have been threw the mill with all the voc rehab and the whole bwc ball of wax .I have been doing a job search for three months now with no avail.I did land a job today but it is only part time,I know they want full time but b who's hireing this time of year.Will they let me take the job?What will happen with my living maintenance?will they let me work and keep looking or what?Only seems fair to let me work and possibly find another part time job or until a full position comes in.this is turning into a real nightmare I've got five weeks left on my job search then what will happen anyone know?

Default Re: Job Search

from my experinces, you will be left out in the cold.

Default Re: Job Search

Pranxstir, If you return to work and it is a part-time job you will have to accept the job or BWC can give you an unfavorable rehab closure report. I don't recommend that.

Also, if you do find part time work say 8:00am to Noon, then in order to continue with wage loss benefits you will have to use the remaing 4 hours of your day to search for work and document it as you were before you found work.

If you decide not to continue the job search then you are deciding not to participate in the program. As BWC and the IC sees this as a full-time search for work i.e. 8 hours a day.

It sucks big time. We just had a hearing on this issue and the claimant was found not eligible for working wage loss (that is what it will be once you have found any type of employment).

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Quote Quoting pranxstir View Post
    I have been threw the mill with all the voc rehab and the whole bwc ball of wax .I have been doing a job search for three months now with no avail.I did land a job today but it is only part time,I know they want full time but b who's hireing this time of year.Will they let me take the job?What will happen with my living maintenance?will they let me work and keep looking or what?Only seems fair to let me work and possibly find another part time job or until a full position comes in.this is turning into a real nightmare I've got five weeks left on my job search then what will happen anyone know?
    Beth, Legal Assistant
    Wife and Mother of injured workers