Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Case Manager" List

It seems like a good idea to share a complete list of case managers and their individual behaviors. That way all those who are just now entering the system can look at the list and BE WARNED!!!!

Default Re: "case Manager" List

Be warned of what ? By the time an IW would even think of looking, let alone finding, a site like this any problems with a CM would be old news , yes ? Most IWs never have a CM and never need one. Seems an odd topic.

Default Re: "Case Manager" List

a case manager was appointed to me. their job is to stop as much medical treatment, and rehab services as possiable, also to find ways to be rid of you. i am now on my 5th CM. they seem to give up, and pass me on to the next one. a CM, is about the same as a NCM. i found that you can make them have to go to your attorney to talk to you or any one else tied to your claim.

Is there a school for these CM or NCM's?? Like an auctioneer school, all the comebacks and "act dumb" when the time is right, and turn around and know everything there is to know in the medical field. They will tell you that an orthopedic doctor doesn't know what tests to run, so he didn't order that one. Or that an ortho doctor can't order it, only a neuro doc can. Then the next visit, the NCM is there and the ortho doc orders the test. There is not Neuro doc in the building???????? But yet, the CM knows everything that is supposed to be done, tests etc....
    I read the doctor's notes where he got part of the way in this "non" treatment, then he wrote that he requested a Case manager be assigned to me. I pushed for answers, and he pushed me out the door.

I noticed when I asked questions, to the NCM, I was talked down to, and the conversation went in circles. As long as I asked the questions, I was the stupidest person for asking. When I let her do all of the talking, she was the dumb one since she didn't know why things were being done so slow and what the hold up was. She will check again to see what the hold up is. Weeks go by.......

When you feel bad, trying to ask questions to someone who wants to double talk, is a hard thing to do.
    I just can't imagine an RN, becoming one of these people. THey have always been so nice at the hospitals, then to turn around and deny care to someone who has proof they are injured.

I have had so much respect for the nurses at the hospitals. They have such a hard demanding job, and they do it well.

I want to ask what job this NCM had before she got this one? I wonder if she was fired from some hospital or clinic and the IC knows that this is the type person they are looking for. Unethical!! I wonder if the R.N. on the card stands for something else!! Like "Rude Nurse." See, I was being nice!!!
    Lue

The story of CM's gets better. Didn't want an appt at earliest hour since there is a 2 hour drive to see dr. When we refused the CM came up with story that Dr. had called and requested appt, standard test had something wrong and had to see Dr. Had a horrible night and when finally reached the dr. he didn't know what CM was talking about. Obviously she lied to make her schedule without regard to ours. Is there a law, code, or code of conduct for these indivuduals?

bloomers,
    Makes you wonder if they make a commision.

I am learning, if a case manager says something about a certain situation, like I cannot get them to give an appointment or if the clinic says you can only come in at that hour, is to call the clinic myself and see if that is the truth. It would be so cool to change the appointment, then call your CM back and tell her that the doc's office changed the appointment to accomodate you.
    Lue

the reason is how i know how they work is; i have this friend for many years, this person used to be a NCM, and CM. this person walked away from the jobs, after seeing what i have dealt with. it hit home to this person, some see it as just a job, like in a factory. this person quit the job after went to boss and told they are doing people wrong. the boss said this is what we are paid for. this friend then walked out on a 5 year job. did not realize what was really going on till my situation. i have been holding back on this info. now you know how i know what their jobs to do is other than first hand experiance. i have had to deal with several of them, plus a friend that was one.

Hubert,
    I have been waiting to hear from someone who was a case manager. Thank you for sharing your info about your friend. It sure can help a lot of people that are trying to figure out where they are coming from. At first you do wonder, but find out after it's too late to do anything about it. Like POR said, most people won't find out until it is over. I am so glad that I came across it one day by accident.

So many people out there with so many fears, not knowing how to get help. Sometimes it seems their questions are simple enough they should know (like many of the questions I have asked) but the NCM and the IC come at you in a way that seems like a bad dream, and it comes and goes fast. It can make you panic.
    Lue

Quote Quoting Lue View Post
    Hubert,
    I have been waiting to hear from someone who was a case manager. Thank you for sharing your info about your friend. It sure can help a lot of people that are trying to figure out where they are coming from. At first you do wonder, but find out after it's too late to do anything about it. Like POR said, most people won't find out until it is over. I am so glad that I came across it one day by accident.

So many people out there with so many fears, not knowing how to get help. Sometimes it seems their questions are simple enough they should know (like many of the questions I have asked) but the NCM and the IC come at you in a way that seems like a bad dream, and it comes and goes fast. It can make you panic.
    Lue
    lue, this is what they are trained to do. i am trying to get my friend to join in on this site. she tells me that it just stress's her out so bad. i keep telling her that maybe this site would be a way to release stress. it would be away to help some injured workers in a behind the scenes way. i have known this person, for 16 years, she did this job for past 3 years. she tried to get me help, it caused her problems at work, and i showed her what was being done to injured workers, she quit the job, and now dose medical transcrips for doctors. lets give her time to think about this site, every time she over to visit me and my wife i show this site to her.

Listen seems that since I have been on this site I have seen enough evidence that could change things with WC in this state but no one willing to try and I'm sure there is enough people that don't even know of this site and that go through this on their own that doesn't know of this site that could make some sort of change in the way the laws are laid out at present to force change.The only problem is no one is willing to try I'm sure that if there was enough willing to fight for change that it could make some sort of differance in the way that the IC's,Dr.'s and company's you work for do IW's.The problem that I see is so many leave the system and are frightened from the intemedation they apply on them.and until IW's stand up and be counted and have their voices heard then It's only going to get worse because their continually comming up with new ways to get around the laws that are in place to protect the IWand new ways to break them.The only criminals I have seen in dealing with WC has been the IC's,Dr.'s and the employers.The laws that are In place have been bent twisted and even broken by these people and there is no one willing to prosecute them when they break these laws in tennessee and no enforcable consequences when they do much less anyone willing to enforce them.QUESTION?(and maybe some can answer this one for me)Has anyone ever heard of any IC,Dr. or employer ever being prosecuted for the wrong doings like the ones I've heard of this happening in california and other states and that is at least meaning some sort of change because it tells them that there are consequences in their wrongs?If an injured worker can be convected for fraud then so should they(With Consequences).