Default Employer Responsibility

I recently was injured and was advised to go see a doctor. I was told by the office staff that I would be paid for my time while at the doctor. I had to go back to the hospital to have a MRI done to the injured area a few days later because the doctor could not determine the extent of the injury. It should be noted that the injury has not required me to miss work yet. I again asked the office staff if I needed to punch out for the MRI and I was told no that my time would be paid for. When I got to the hospital I ran into the owner of the company I work for and he was unaware of my injury. When I returned to work a hour and half later I was told I needed to punch in and that I had to make up my time. Is my employer responsible for paying my time at the doctor for the injury I received?

Default Re: Employer Responsibility

no workers comp only pays for disability; leave is not covered under work comp laws.

Quote Quoting Elmer Fudd View Post
    If your still working then you must be ok.
    Wow, you must be a W/C spy? If your on W/C and still work than you must be okay? Are you serious? Their are alot of people on here, myself included, that goes back to work or keeps working because they have mouths to feed and bills to pay. Just because we're not confined to a bed or a couch doesn't make us any less "hurt" than those of you who sit at home and have to wait for a lawyer to work it out for you. I worked and went to the Dr. for over a year while I was hurt. I tooks pain meds all night to get through it and then had to spend two hours after I got home to relax and wind down before I could get some sleep. I still only get about 2 hours sleep a night because of the pain and the bull$hit that w/c puts you through. So please... Keep your STUPID opinions to yourself!

Oh my I did that for a month and could not do it anymore. Not to mention the sleep deprivation was effecting my judgement leaving my patients at risk. I hope you have finally found relief in your pain.
    Quote Quoting chaos321 View Post
    Wow, you must be a W/C spy? If your on W/C and still work than you must be okay? Are you serious? Their are alot of people on here, myself included, that goes back to work or keeps working because they have mouths to feed and bills to pay. Just because we're not confined to a bed or a couch doesn't make us any less "hurt" than those of you who sit at home and have to wait for a lawyer to work it out for you. I worked and went to the Dr. for over a year while I was hurt. I tooks pain meds all night to get through it and then had to spend two hours after I got home to relax and wind down before I could get some sleep. I still only get about 2 hours sleep a night because of the pain and the bull$hit that w/c puts you through. So please... Keep your STUPID opinions to yourself!