Default Lawyer Will No Longer Represent Me

My lawyer notified me this week he no longer would be representing me in my WC "stated that since settlement not likely and I had an open award that I didn't need him ??? ( he has been on my case for 4 years)

What is he really trying to say??

Default Re: What Does This Mean??

Tracy, what it appears to mean is that since most attorneys get paid their fees when your case settles, it looks like your attorney has determined there isn't much "in it" for HIM to continue to represent you in order to assure that you GET whatever Future Medical Care you might need disputes arise between you and the IC for treatment requests.

Try finding ANOTHER attorney who is willing to represent YOU and YOUR BEST INTERESTS....

Quote Quoting Charles Stevens View Post
    Tracy, what it appears to mean is that since most attorneys get paid their fees when your case settles, it looks like your attorney has determined there isn't much "in it" for HIM to continue to represent you in order to assure that you GET whatever Future Medical Care you might need disputes arise between you and the IC for treatment requests.

Try finding ANOTHER attorney who is willing to represent YOU and YOUR BEST INTERESTS....
    They are taking out payment for him from my WC check each week (total to be paid 10,000)

I took it to mean there are no other legal issues pending, you won.

Maybe it is different in Tracy's State, but in California, most EHTICAL attorneys will STILL represent an IW after the case settles with open Future Medical.

Future medical is what is deemed "reasonably necessary medical treatment to cure or relieve the effects of the industrial injury", and once the case has settled with FM, the IC's LOVE to challenge, delay, delay, DENY treatment requests....so its an ON-GOING BATTLE to get medical treatment, and many expedited Hearings...

Question Re: What Does This Mean??

So say you get the impairment/PPD benefits and leave future med open..the lawyer is paid from deduction of my wkly checks right?----AND the IC makes your care so hard or drawn out to obtain it if they know your attorney dropped out??? So is it better to just settle the whole thing even if its going to be alot med. care needed in near future? RSD is what I have.You know what that is??..it affects ALL bones, blood vessels, joints, muscles, and Most of the nerves in the WHOLE BODY, then goes after the ORGANS.

Default Re: Lawyer Will No Longer Represent Me

Dawg,

I never heard RSD "goes after organs" Geesshh!!

Have you gone to the rsds.org web site?

LA

Lightbulb Re: Lawyer Will No Longer Represent Me

I Agree with Princess Dawg, I think You May be thinking of Lupus, or some Type of Disease such as that. RSD Mainly Affects the Nervous System and Soft Tissues.