Default Figuring Out If An Injury Is Work-Related

I'm hoping someone here can help me with this. I live in vermont and work at a production company were there are concrete floors and a lot of walking up and down stairs and between buildings involved in my job. I'm a maintenance tech and have been working here for about 3 years. about a month ago I started having issues with my right Achilles tendon. every time I tried walking up stars or on the balls of my feet it would send sharp pains up the back of my leg. went to my pcp and had xrays. found there to be calcium buildup on the back of the Achilles tendon which was causing the pain. at this point I am in a knee high brace which does not allow my Achilles tendon to move but makes it almost impossible to work. if after a month it doesn't get any better surgury is the next step. My question is this. could this be caused from my job or just something that happens. I have never had this problem before. how do I go about finding out if workers comp will cover this. I'm more concerned with the long term aspect than the short term. I kind of mentioned it to my HR rep and she didn't think it would be covered but she may just be towing the company line. any information at all would be great. thanks.....

Default Re: Need Help Figuring This Out

The first thing you need to do is file a claim with your employer. They can then send it to the insurance company for a decision. You need to also address the issue of causality with the doctor. Ask him if it is from you job. Provide him with a detailed job duties and how often you are completing the tasks.

Default Re: Need Help Figuring This Out

Thanks for the info. I will get that started today.....

Default Re: Figuring Out If An Injury Is Work-Related

Hi Sallzy, I , myself, have been involved with 2 work injuries here in Vermont and have been dealing with the WC insurance company for over 10 years. I would be willing to share my experiences with the hopes of helping you through your process if you find you need to go the WC insurance way. I can go through this forum or through my e-mail which is --
    iwiam07@yahoo.com

Default Re: Figuring Out If An Injury Is Work-Related

that would be awesome. thanks for the help.....sallzy