Default Less Pay, Different Department

I had a work related injury in 05, have had surgery twice. Once to repair a distal bicep tendon,& hand. I recieved an imparement rating of 20% RUE &12%WP. I was not allowed to return to my normal job and pay rate. I had to take a job in a different department at $2.30 an hr cut in pay. The IC has offered me $53000. to settle. Is this a good offer since I had to take a cut in pay & change positions at work? Thanks for any reply.

Default Re: Less Pay, Different Department

It's hard to say, because I do not know what your weekly benefit rate is. If you can provide me with the info regarding your weekly benefit rate, I could give you a better idea on what your case might actually be worth. Given what you're telling me, I'm going to assume that the IC is not paying you enough, because that's what they do.

If you want to PM or email me, I'd be happy to speak with you about your case.

They should have told you how they came up with that figure. I have had the distal bicep repair along with 2 nerve entrapment surgeries. I dont understand what the RUE and WP stand for in your impairment rating. Could you clarify if you know? I do believe that by law if you are not making the same money you should be compensated. I hope I am right about that . Good Luck

Make sure your adjuster knows your are making less than your pre injury wages. The settlement is based on the impairment rating and multipliers. The 1.5 multiplier is appropriate only if you return to work making at least what you were making prior to your injury. Otherwise, you can get up to 5 x the rating... or more if a judge orders it.