Thread: Did FCE

Unhappy Did FCE

I did my FCE the other day. I talk to the guy today and he said I did bad on everything during the test.

Is this a bad thing for me?
    He's sending his report to everone and myself in a few days.

I really didnt do much. Walking,Walked one foot in front of the other, Had a grip test, push and pull some weights and left some and step up and down on a box. All with a heart monitor on which showed 77 to 89

Default Re: Did FCE

That's pretty generic, there. Bad could mean that you weren't able to do the test well, OR that they think you were faking.

Guess it really depends.

I have been in more pain since I did the FCE. I am going to see my MD doctor monday. To see if I can get something for the pain.

They had me monitor on me. What are they looking for on that. Is mid 70's to high 80's good normal rate

The whole thing with the FCE is that it's basically a workers' comp insurance manufactured "test" that is designed to try to argue that an employee is faking.

I know that there are probably some valid reasons for the testing, and that it could potentially be useful. However, having worked for the insurance companies quite a bit in the past, I am confident is saying that they tend to get you sent to places that tend to find you providing "submaximal effort".

They want to show that you're not exerting yourself as much as you should (by heart rate, number/types of repetitions, etc.). Some examiners are good, some aren't.

If you are truly hurt, and the FCE person said "you did bad" that should hopefully confirm that for your doctor. IF the FCE shows pretty significant restrictions, that obviously could impact your ability to do your current job and/or impact the range of possible WC award you'd be entitled to receive.

Good luck.

I talked to the FCE guy this past Thur. I asked him why he said I did bad on every thing. He said I couldn't do anything with out pain and it was keeping me from doing more.

i did 2 FCE's. 1st one i never got past low 80;s heart rate. 2nd one same thing. the therapist that did the tests agreed i was in pain, just some people just dont get high heart rate in this. i was mashed in the mines, on the way to surgery, my heart rate, and pressure was normal. it called staying calm thru all.

A copy of the FCE report is being mailed to me. The nero doctor is looking it over and will tell me what he thinks. I dont know how I can get him to understand that driving the big truck gives me more pain in my back and runs down my legs