Thread: Question

Default Question

I was just wondering if you are unsure what is going on with case can you call state labor to find out any information. This is if you have not filed for review hearing. Or do they just have name and date of injury. I was ask this by a an elderly man that hurt his knee but employer no longer in business. I am not sure of his actual circumstance. He said he filed a claim in NOV, but can not get in contact with old employer. He said he called but they just had his name and date information of claim. He said they had no information available on benefits, just that a claim was filed. I informed him I would post his concern on this site for him. Thank you. Sorry for the limited information

Default Re: Question

I suspect he needs to contact the employers carrier directly.

Yes. I agree, but he was unsure who to contact. He was trying to call state labor and WC I believe, to check information. Do they have any other information about claim other than injury date /claim like whether it is active or not? I told him if he couldnt get info from them to get as much info as possible about company and file for a benefit review confrence.

If he properly reported an injury, the employer should have filed a Form C-20 Employer's First Report of Work Injury with the Tenn. Dept. of Labor and Workforce Development.

On that Form C-20, the employer's WC insurance company information should be listed, as well as a phone number to contact them. He is certainly entitled to a copy of the C-20, and should be able to get one from the TDOLWD. If he can provide them with his SSN and Date of Injury, they should be able to get that to him.

If he's hurt, he definitely needs to act on it ASAP, to insure that he gets medical treatment and disability benefits, if appropriate. No one's going to do it for him without him acting, so he either needs to get that document and call about it himself, or he needs to get a lawyer working on it for him.

I gave him the advice. He said thank you.

No problem. Happy to try to help.