Default Settlement of a Knee Injury Case

My spouse was injured on the job in 2/2008 torn meniscus in both knees, he still has not had surgery, and his employer has been terrible. We recently found out that they did some things to him against thier own lawyers advice and now they want to settle with us before my husband even has the surgery. I'm worried that this may not be in our best interest, but also concerned with this increasing medical bills, and daily living expences. His employers also are self insured so I don't know if this makes a difference on how they are allowed to handle the claim, as of yet they have not paid or reimbursed anything.

Default Re: Settlement Advice

get a work comp lawyer very quickly

your husband needs to become familiar with Nebraska's work comp benefits before deciding if the settlement is a fair amount.
    here's the state website
    http://www.wcc.ne.gov/

Take the advice and do some research on WC attorneys in your area and make sure you get the best. You would be extremely lucky to get any help from the employer or WC at all without a very experienced and success proven attorney. These insurance companies DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT care about you. Sorry to be negative on that aspect but it is the truth. I am dealing with them now on a work related injury as well, and am also awaiting surgery. So believe me, you want an attorney. Go get one now, do not wait any longer. I wish you the best.

Quote Quoting HD1 View Post
    Take the advice and do some research on WC attorneys in your area and make sure you get the best. You would be extremely lucky to get any help from the employer or WC at all without a very experienced and success proven attorney. These insurance companies DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT care about you. Sorry to be negative on that aspect but it is the truth. I am dealing with them now on a work related injury as well, and am also awaiting surgery. So believe me, you want an attorney. Go get one now, do not wait any longer. I wish you the best.
    Good advice HD1. However, I would certainly hope to think that this issue has been resolved long ago as this post is well over 3 years old.

Have a good one
    "He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client"
    Abraham Lincoln

Take Care and Be Well.