Default Vocational Rehabilitation

I live in Vermont and got injured a work. It looks like I might not be able to go back to this kind of job in this factory. Everything is repetive and my shoulder can no longer withstand that kind of motion. Does Worker Comp have to give me vocational training in some other kind of field and what does that consist of. Do I get the same income that they are giving me now. I am at home receiving w/c benefits right now. The doctor does not think I can return to this kind of work. How long does voc. rehab. last and how do they determine what I can do? Can anyone give me some insight on this.

Default Re: Vocational Rehabilitation

Hi Grammie, I am an injured worker in VT. for over 10 years. I can not help you very much with Vocational Rehabilitation. I was told that I did not qualify because I had sales experience and could get a job any where in sales. I did not pursue it because I planned working for myself part time so I could control my what I did and not work when I did not feel well. Do you have an attorney. A good attorney experienced in workers comp. can be helpful with vocational rehabilitation as well as seeing that your needs are met and help you through this complicated system. A call to the Dept. of Labor could also be helpful as it has for me with my questions their # is 802.828.2286. Also they have a helpful web site and that is http://www.labor.vermont.gov/.
    If you go to the website click on the top heading "Workers" then under the heading "Injured" on the bottom of the page click on " Vocational Rehabilitation in the Vermont Workers' Compensation System". This will give you a good deal of useful information. I hope this will be helpful to you.

Default Re: Vocational Rehabilitation

Yes I have an attorney but I wanted some input on what someone else had been through. I do not have any prior training in anything. Just the factory work. With both shoulders injured I cannot do repetive work at all. That will make it hard. Thanks for your info and if you have something else to share I would appreciate it.

Thanks