Question Cardiac Heart Doctors

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Connecticut

I would like to know how and where I can go to find Florida workman compensation cardiac heart doctors?
    I have Cardiomyopathy.
    I have a case settled in a New England state but have moved to central Florida for health reasons, how does one find a heart doctor and how do you know that it is a good doctor?

Default Re: Cardiac Heart Doctors

I have a case settled in a New England state but have moved to central Florida
    Does the settled claim in CT include entitlement to future medical benefits..?

The best way to find a doctor/cardiologist is to go to the yellow pages and look under "MD/Cardiologist''... you'll just have to call and see which ones will accept payment from your WC IC....

how does one find a heart doctor and how do you know that it is a good doctor?
    You could begin with the local hospitals.. most have a referral service and can direct you.
    A cardiologist that has a fairly long wait time for an initial appt is probably a good place to start... a 'good' doctor one could presume is the busiest...(?)

You could also contact your doctor in CT, and ask if there is the possibility of a referral from that office...

You might also call the CA/IC handling your claim, and possibly they have a medical provider network in FL that would handle your care...
    The treatment you seek is going to have to be authorized in advance, so notifying the CA/IC of your intent won't hurt, and letting them know you are willing to participate might go a long way in getting the cooperation you need.
    Since you moved out of state, any medical you need is going to be an issue.

The FL IW's FAQ's are here...http://www.fldfs.com/wc/faq/faqmed.html
    This may also be of help to you...

Good luck...