1) SSA declared me "disabled" on 11-9-06, with "case review in 5-7 yrs"., monthly payments are $345/mo. Benefit amount is $1,412.00
Lawyer has stated repeatedly;
2) "your SSI payments will increase to the full $1,412.00 after paperwork from settlement is presented."
3) "You will automatically be on medicare 24 mos. after your date of entitlement (May 2007) only for any medical problems coming from the WC injury."
4) "I have it worked out with the insurance company to wave aside any requirement for a set aside for medicare because of your private coverage and age. The judge will probably go along with it."
5) "If there is a set aside, you will still be handed a check for $97,000 ($120K minus his $23K) that you may need to bank $47,000 for medicare, but, you can invest it any way you want as long as you keep record of medical expenses. If you invest in CDs you keep the interest."
6) " From that $47K you pay a reduced rate of co-pay with medicare, a relatively small amount of the total bill."
7) "After 5 yrs, you can submit a request, or I (lawyer) can do it for you, to release part or all of the unused $47K previously set aside for your own use."
8) "When you hit 65 it will all be released to you anyways, but you need to request it."