Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    73

    Default To Return to Work? Or Not to Return?

    First off I like my job! I work as a sergeant in corrections. And I like the friends I work with there! Its a brotherhood! I injured my knee twice at work, restraining combative inmates at the state prison where I work. At present I am out on heart & lung benefits. At first workers comp denied my claim. But 2 months later it was accepted. So thankfully all is okay at present!
    My real dilemma is as follows. My knee is damaged from the trauma it received at work. The articular cartilage is deteriorating where it was fractured. And I`ve been diagnosed with Chondromalacia, Arthritis, and a Baker`s cyst as well. So its not going to get better. My choice is simply this. Go back to work without limitations as being healed. Or stay out and wait to settle my case down the road. My employer will not accept limitations that are not going to go away. They said that they would try to accommodate me. But my union says do not trust them at all! If I go back and have further problems they will call it a new injury and deny your claim. Its a very frustrating position! My heart says go back. But my head says don`t. What do I do???
    Last edited by will1066; 02-24-2009 at 05:01 AM. Reason: spelling

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    504

    Default Re: To Return to Work? Or Not to Return?

    Quote Quoting will1066 View Post
    First off I like my job! I work as a sergeant in corrections. And I like the friends I work with there! Its a brotherhood! I injured my knee twice at work, restraining combative inmates at the state prison where I work. At present I am out on heart & lung benefits. At first workers comp denied my claim. But 2 months later it was accepted. So thankfully all is okay at present!
    My real dilemma is as follows. My knee is damaged from the trauma it received at work. The articular cartilage is deteriorating where it was fractured. And I`ve been diagnosed with Chondromalacia, Arthritis, and a Baker`s cyst as well. So its not going to get better. My choice is simply this. Go back to work without limitations as being healed. Or stay out and wait to settle my case down the road. My employer will not accept limitations that are not going to go away. They said that they would try to accommodate me. But my union says do not trust them at all! If I go back and have further problems they will call it a new injury and deny your claim. Its a very frustrating position! My heart says go back. But my head says don`t. What do I do???
    My gut says listen to your head and your union.

    beachgirl

Similar Threads

  1. Return to Work
    By rustyboy in forum California
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 12:56 PM
  2. Mmi/Can't Return to Work, Now What
    By Theunion1 in forum Illinois
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 11:57 AM
  3. MMI and Return To Work With No Job
    By maccadave in forum Tennessee
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 04:56 AM
  4. IME and Return To Work
    By lionheartrust in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 12:14 PM
  5. Do I Have To Return To Work
    By cooper in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 08:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 


Find a Lawyer