Unhappy Doctor Won't Give Note After Talking to My Manager

I got injured early this month moving 55 lb boxes w/out proper equipment, I was seen the same day due to an appointment I already had (old knee problem) this was a Friday late afternoon and manager wasn't there, reported it to her over the weekend and filled out an accident report the following Monday. due to my old injury and the uncertainty of new damage my insurance has paid thus far, though there is a claim number on file with the comp insurance. I was put on light duty for 2 weeks (supposed sprain), my manager didn't let me comply fully with that and it was vague... she had me put a 55lb piece of eq in her car (note said no lifting more than 15lbs) and then asked me why I did that and that I didn't have to and reminded me of my light duty? yeah, any way, I ended up in so much pain I ended up missing some days, I was and am under a Dr's care but I was so frustrated contemplating quitting that I forgot to ask for a note to cover me, I called the dm to resign and he convinced me to stay. I couldn't even make it down the stairs w/out my husband carrying me (I have a high pain tolerance, I put a hammer through my knee before and could still walk) Dr told me I probably had a meniscus tear and she scheduled an MRI (its gotta be something bigger, knee gives out, locks, pops, swollen as heck even though its been almost a month, cant bear weight, constant dull and sharp pains). I was told I had to go back to work or face termination, so I showed up (had my mother drive me as I cant push the break hard enough to stop) to find they had already locked me out of the system, higher ups said I needed another note to cover 3 days my other one didn't... went to my Dr to get the note to find my manager had spoke to her and now I have no backing at all, she wrote me a new light duty note with stricter limitations and said I had no reason to miss any work and no note for me. my boss also has lied to every one involved, even my clients and physical therapy office saying I was a no call no show for a week and had not contacted her at all during this time. now I will be terminated on Monday as the town I am in there are no openings for any other Dr for new patients so I cannot acquire a note. I am at a loss as to what to do now. they will be terminating me under "failure to comply" and Dr wont take me off work despite the fact that I cant even drive to the store... any ideas would be great

p.s. sorry for the long winded post

p.s.s. if they succeed in firing me, do they still cover my medical? or an I over a barrel all the way around? I'm assuming I wouldn't get any comp benefits of any kind if they terminate me, I've been told by Dr and physical therapist I will prob. undergo surgery
    Last edited by chrysainia; 03-29-2009 at 03:35 AM. Reason: added question to bottom

Default Re: Dr Wont Give Note After CM Sladered Me

workers comp is insurance for the employer. the employer will still be insured against your claim whether you are still working there or not so benefits will continue.

Medical is still covered. You should however be talking with a few attorneys that handle comp claims.
    Doesn't sound like you are going to be able to navigate this on your own.

And you should make yourself familiar with the laws in NM..http://www.workerscomp.state.nm.us/

Quote Quoting chrysainia View Post
    i got injured early this month moving 55 lb boxes w/out proper equipment, i was seen the same day due to an appointment i already had (old knee problem) this was a friday late afternoon and manager wasn't there, reported it to her over the weekend and filled out an accident report the following monday. Due to my old injury and the uncertainty of new damage my insurance has paid thus far, though there is a claim number on file with the comp insurance. I was put on light duty for 2 weeks (supposed sprain), my manager didn't let me comply fully with that and it was vague... She had me put a 55lb piece of eq in her car (note said no lifting more than 15lbs) and then asked me why i did that and that i didn't have to and reminded me of my light duty? Yeah, any way, i ended up in so much pain i ended up missing some days, i was and am under a dr's care but i was so frustrated contemplating quitting that i forgot to ask for a note to cover me, i called the dm to resign and he convinced me to stay. I couldn't even make it down the stairs w/out my husband carrying me (i have a high pain tolerance, i put a hammer through my knee before and could still walk) dr told me i probably had a meniscus tear and she scheduled an mri (its gotta be something bigger, knee gives out, locks, pops, swollen as heck even though its been almost a month, cant bear weight, constant dull and sharp pains). I was told i had to go back to work or face termination, so i showed up (had my mother drive me as i cant push the break hard enough to stop) to find they had already locked me out of the system, higher ups said i needed another note to cover 3 days my other one didn't... Went to my dr to get the note to find my manager had spoke to her and now i have no backing at all, she wrote me a new light duty note with stricter limitations and said i had no reason to miss any work and no note for me. My boss also has lied to every one involved, even my clients and physical therapy office saying i was a no call no show for a week and had not contacted her at all during this time. Now i will be terminated on monday as the town i am in there are no openings for any other dr for new patients so i cannot acquire a note. I am at a loss as to what to do now. They will be terminating me under "failure to comply" and dr wont take me off work despite the fact that i cant even drive to the store... Any ideas would be great

p.s. Sorry for the long winded post

p.s.s. If they succeed in firing me, do they still cover my medical? Or an i over a barrel all the way around? I'm assuming i wouldn't get any comp benefits of any kind if they terminate me, i've been told by dr and physical therapist i will prob. Undergo surgery
    well check it man i was terminated from my job after being injured for the second time same injury well wci denied my benifts ,well with them deniing my benifts i had no oteher insurance comp, they stated since i am not under doctors care i could no longer be with the company haveing that said and dun my wc checks was cut off my insurance was cut off i am now with a dislocating shoulder every day start fast file you claim against the comp get your self a backup ins,and be ready for a fight get a good atty.fast
    notgivnup!