Unhappy Remedy Against a Lying IME Doctor

I got injured in 2007 when pallets of merchandise fell on me from a semi truck,I was getting paperwork from truck standing at the back of trailer as i took paperwork off pallets which were 4 feet or more above me. The merchandise fell and I had know place to go so pallets and merchandise came down. I have previouse cervical and lumbar fusions and both were injured again when this happened. My works dr. said it was cervical and lumbar strain sent me to therapy wich made it worse, then work doc refered me back to my dr that did my prior fusions. Did mri, ct and all the good stuff then did cervical discogram that showed metal in cervical fusion damaged as well as 2 more herniated disc in neck. So had surgery on neck in 2008have been off work since May of 2008. Once my neck was done we started on my lumbar that is where we started having trouble with wc as of march2009 they have stoped my ttd because they sent me to a ime and he said that I was faking my injuries and that neither is work related and I could return to full dutie. My dr.is saying noway I barely can walk around my block without legs hurting and going numb and all that good stuff. What I want to know is does any one know if you can go after an ime dr for lying on his test half of what he said he did he didnt do. im clerical but just sitting here bothers both my back and i still have neck issues. I just want to know if you can go to the medical board or somthing its not fair that they can get away without a slap on the hand.

Default Re: Back Again

you can file a complaint with the licensing board online
    https://www.idfpr.com/dpr/FILING/Complaint.asp

Have you retained an attorney to represent you??

yes i have an attorney like I said I have had a previous lumbar surgery well it also happened at work were this accident happened. So I know how the wc people work. They had no problem with doing surgery on neck but now they want to fight about the back and IME is saying that my CT was a false positive
    so he believes there was no need for cervical surgery. And that was already done, but I dont think he took time to look at discogram because he never mentioned it. Also have had three dr. tell me and show me in my MRI where my metal had cracked in my neck. Im am just angry he lied about doing test that he didnt do. even when I hurt my back 10 years ago the IME dr back then never lied about his testing may not have agreed with my doc but that is nothing new and he never said I was faking this IME is saying Im faking.

you might want to inform the carrier. the doctor may have billed them for services not done.

They will know when they see the report from my doc stating that the IME failed to do certain test that he had claimed he did on me. So he is letting them and my lawyers that he is not accepting the IME's finding being he know that I am not faking I have been his patient for about 12 years and I dont see him unless I have to I hate docs and going for so long is driving me crazy I finally decided that if work comp doesnt start my progress to get my surgery I will see if my insurance will pay it and let them fight it out I just want the pain to go away.

you are right. The ic dr's will try this and it seems that it is happening more to all injured worker's They want you to give in and then they will be in control. You are right to let your dr's prove them wrong. Even though it makes you mad to have a dr say you are faking.
    Good Luck
    Hurting

I was informed that I have to go to court to get the WC insurance to start to pay again. Does anyone know how long it take to get an appointment for court and is there a way to check and see if my lawyer filed on my behalf I am not to trusting of anyone right now especially because I cant get past his secretary. I have not talked with him for a year and I have tried to tell them that I would find another If I dont hear from him he still dont talk with me.

Default Re: Remedy Against a Lying IME Doctor

I audio recorded my IME . 3 minutes 38 seconds . Didn't even do a straight leg raise test . He took an x Ray and said my t5 S1 disk looked just fine , even though I had multiple MRIs and a recent discogram done . Then my TTD payments were stopped and my lawyer is ( appears to me ) unsure of what he's supposed to do. . 8 page report from 3.38 minutes .

Default Re: Remedy Against a Lying IME Doctor

People have to understand the purpose of an IME.
    That IME is hired by the carrier to give an alternate opinion independent of your treating doctors influence.
    It's not supposed to be fair, independent of bias or favorable to your claim.

That doctor is paid by the carrier to give an alternate opinion supporting their interest, nothing more.
    Go to the IME, leave the tape recorder at home, be polite, cooperate and get out of there as fast as possible - that doctor wrote his report before seeing you, that so called exam is just going through the motions to look legitimate.
    At the end of the day, your treating doctors opinion should carry more weight, that IME is just a desperate attempt to undermine your claim - quit wasting energy on it.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.