Default It's Been a Long Road, Here's My Story

i'm a very young women, early twenties, about 7 months ago i got hurt on the job, the owner brought me to the er and i was dx with a mustle strain, was out of work for one month. i was treated for a muscle strain for 3 months until things got extremely worse. i got an mri done and was dx with minimal disk herniation, i then saw a neurologist for my acute leg pain (numbness, tingling, and shooting cramp like pains from my buttocks all the way to my heal) he explained to me that that was neuropathy and gave me medication to help control it. another month passed and every day was getting more and more difficult for me. i was working with minimal restrictions and wasn't receiving light duty work. until one day i had to go to the er again, approx 2 months ago. i was treated for pain and in the following days followed up with my pcp and neurologists. They ordered a second set of mri's and wanted me to stay out of work for some time. my herniation had increased in size and was protruding onto the nerves around the area. i was out of work for nearly 2 months for this. I just recently got released from my pcp to work a few hours a week. my employer is giving me an extremely hard time still after all of this, my workers comp nurse is completely following my life and being rude to me over the phone. my lawyer keeps telling me that it'll be ok and to just deal with it for now. but how much longer do i have to deal with this? i am in chronic pain, the bills arn't getting paid, and everyday gets harder and harder. how do people get over the depression aspect in a situation like this? does anyone know a time frame of when this will all be over?

i can't get a surgery consult until next month, and i am doing aquatic therapy and seeing my pcp regularly, things have plateaud, and all i'm doing is waiting.

does anybody have any advice for me?

Default Re: It's Been a Long Road, Here's My Story

If I were you, I would make it CLEAR to everyone doctors, IC, PT, the RUDE "B" I mean nurse and your attorney that this has stressed you to the MAX. That you can't take it and that it is caused from the pain from your work injury.Tell one of you doctors you need to go speak with someone about your depression. Once I got an attorney EVERYONE was told to go through him for everything. I didn't have to speak to anyone from that point. That is what their paid for. My heart go out to you and I hope things work out for you. The road is long on w/c and not easy, but know you have friends here. That's my opinion and now it's up to you. Take care and hang in there.

i spoke with my pcp during the week last week and she put me on an antidepressant listed as depression due to work place injury. The unfortunate part is that i am temporarly back to work for a few hours a week, so everyone was supposed to go through my lawyer, but now it's different because i am working. i had asked him when i hired him if i had to speak with my case manager, he told me it's new hampshire law, if i choose not to speak with her she can go to the state labor board and report me as being uncooperative... i am setting up a meeting with my lawyer for next week. any key questions you think i should ask him?

As far as the case manager, answer her questions, but make them short and to the point. Remember anything you say can and will be used to the IC's advantage. Most are very nice when speaking, not all, but I would never trust them. Ever. I was wondering how you are working if you are in chronic pain?? As far as your attorney, let him know how your feeling and why. Why don't you report the RUDE NURSE to the state. It may be true you have to speak to them, but they are NOT to make your condition worse. Speak to your attorney about that. I wish you all the luck. Keep us posted. Take care.

Quote Quoting BeenThere View Post
    As far as the case manager, answer her questions, but make them short and to the point. Remember anything you say can and will be used to the IC's advantage. Most are very nice when speaking, not all, but I would never trust them. Ever. I was wondering how you are working if you are in chronic pain?? As far as your attorney, let him know how your feeling and why. Why don't you report the RUDE NURSE to the state. It may be true you have to speak to them, but they are NOT to make your condition worse. Speak to your attorney about that. I wish you all the luck. Keep us posted. Take care.

well i am working again, because my nurse "heard" that i had been seen "out and about", i insisted that everything i am doing is daily living situations, just because you are injured and not working doesnt mean you can put your entire life on hold, necessities are need (food, clean laundry, bills).

the nurse wrote my doctor a letter saying she wanted me to go back to work for 30 hours a week, my doctor said absolutely not, and said i could only work 6 (figuring they would just keep me out because it was such a small amount of time). they aggreed and i've been back for 2 weeks

The whole thing sounds like a bunch of W/C BS. Please keep me posted. I hope your attorney is on top of things. It sounds like he is going to have to be on his "game" with this IC. Don't do anything at work that would even be close to possibly hurting yourself. Do ONLY what you can and must do, nothing more. That my advise of the day. LOL. You take care and hang in there.

UPDATE

i got fired on wednesday
    the boss said they couldn't afford to pay two people to do the same job..

so i'm just doing pt now. my surgical consult is in 1 week

Go back to your attorney.
    As the ER could not continue to provide the light duty as requested by your treating physican, you should have been returned to a TTD status...not terminated. I thinik your boss/supervisor was probably out of line on this one.
    the nurse wrote my doctor a letter saying she wanted me to go back to work for 30 hours a week, my doctor said absolutely not, and said i could only work 6 (figuring they would just keep me out because it was such a small amount of time). they aggreed and i've been back for 2 weeks
    While it's true an ER should not be forced to pay two people to perform the same job...they actually weren't in this case. At any rate... it's not the ER who calls the medical decision shots...it is your treating physican who's in charge of your care.

When the bills start to stack up that's when your troubles begin. You must start to rely on your family for support or start selling precious possessions that you thought would never end like this. My case is winding down (hopefully) for over 4 years. You have a long way to go in terms of receiving a settlement.