Default Rotator Cuff Symptoms, Cervical Disc

I had a rotator cuff surgery on my right arm twice over the last year that was work related. I have been out of my splint on my arm for 2 weeks and have noticed extreme pain in my neck. It got so bad I had to go to the doctor. MRI revealed C5, C6 protruded disc. Wouldn't this also be a workmans comp case. I had no pain in my neck until wearing the sling. Workmans comp told me it was a spontaneous injury and not workmans comp. Does anyone have any ideas???

Default Re: Rotator Cuff Sx/Cervical Disc

that's a medical determination. anyone's opinion even workmen's comp (unless it's the judge)doesn't count.
    have medical documentation sent to the carrier if they deny then file for hearing in work comp court.

Default Re: Rotator Cuff Symptoms, Cervical Disc

Quote Quoting surgicaltech View Post
    I had a rotator cuff surgery on my right arm twice over the last year that was work related. I have been out of my splint on my arm for 2 weeks and have noticed extreme pain in my neck. It got so bad I had to go to the doctor. MRI revealed C5, C6 protruded disc. Wouldn't this also be a workmans comp case. I had no pain in my neck until wearing the sling. Workmans comp told me it was a spontaneous injury and not workmans comp. Does anyone have any ideas???
    I can tell you that I had a cervical fusion two years ago, and recently had shoulder surgery, and this put tons of pressure on my neck. I did not have this pain until the shoulder was done, and the therapy was started, and my doc did tell me that was the reason that my neck was acting up. Of course the IC will tell you different because they do not want to be responsible for it! It might be a fight, but stay strong, and don't give up. I hope you feel better soon.

Unhappy!

Last July I had cervical fusion done and this June I had my shoulder surgery, in which they had to cut part of clavicle away. The pain I am experiencing is worse than original injury.
    Surgeon who did my shoulder is saying the symptoms are coming from the neck.
    Now another 30 days of therapy which is very painful and I dont think is helping. They have put me on steroids and new pain medicine.
    This is taking its toll on my mind, I am having anxiety attacks, wont move out of house, dont have the mental or physical strength to handle it. Wish I could see a doctor but I have no health insurance . This injury is causing me to fall deeper into a depression and I am afraid I will never get out.
    I have been dealing with this since December 2006

Keep on doing the therapy. It takes time, but in the end will be helpful. Trust me girl. I was there remember. My shoulder is better, but not quite back to normal. I still have pain, but it takes a good year to heal., and plenty of PT. Keep smiling if you can!!!

Quote Quoting unhappy1 View Post
    Keep on doing the therapy. It takes time, but in the end will be helpful. Trust me girl. I was there remember. My shoulder is better, but not quite back to normal. I still have pain, but it takes a good year to heal., and plenty of PT. Keep smiling if you can!!!
    Thanks for all you advice I have an appt with surgeon who did neck on Friday.
    I am quite anxious to see if he can help with the terrible headaches.
    Good luck with your new test.

this too is covered by workers comp as it was from the cast as your arm being in the splint file the paper work for your injury