Default Settlement of a Worker's Comp Claim, Scheduled Award

i was injured on may29 2008 at my job. i have been under doctors care for about a year i was released a few months ago and told to go to him on a as needed bases. i had surgury on my right femor head and neck with core decompression. i filed for a scheduled award. during these last few month i have been having troble walking a long distance standing for a long time and walk with a limp as the day progresses my limp gets worse. i recieved a letter from my doctor to which he sent to workmens comp which i had been on workmens comp during my injury. the letter says based on the substantail accordance with the sixth edition of the AMA guides i would rate his permanent partial impairment of the lower extremity a 12% impairment of the lower extemity which imparts 5% of the whole person it goes on to say that table16-8 of his radiographic changes which made him assighed diagnosis grade of D. my question is what are we talking about in settlement and if i should have a second opinion be as i am not in the shape i was before i was injured. to me and all i have been through this seems to be a very low award could you tell me more what we are talking about?

Default Re: Scheduled Award

In order to receive a Schedule Award, the person must be rated by a physician, using the American Medical Association Guide to Physical Impairment, 5th Edition, otherwise known as the AMA GUIDE 5th Edition. Prior to receiving the rating, the person has to have reached Maximum Medical Improvement, which is referred to as MMI. This rating should not be for the whole body, but for the injured member such as 20% of the left upper extremity. When the physician rates the injured employee, the physician should write the page number and paragraph that relates to the employee's ratings.http://www.federal-workers-comp.com/awards.html
    i had surgury on my right femor head and neck with core decompression.... which imparts 5% of the whole person
    From what your injury/treatment is, you may be awarded under the WPI and not scheduled awards. head, neck and femor are all seperate body parts when rated for impairment/disability.

i am not in the shape i was before i was injured. to me and all i have been through this seems to be a very low award could you tell me more what we are talking about?
    The end result of WC treatment is not pre injury condition, or necessarily the same employer/job you had before the injury.
    Nor are the settlements to include pain and suffering, lost wages, or punitive damages as you would see in a personal injury claim.

There is a lot of information online about fed comp...a attorney handling these would be your best source of valid information...
    Receipt of the Impairment Evaluation. Upon completion of the impairment evaluation and receipt in the DO, the CE reviews the report to assure all the DEEOIC criteria have been met, as previously discussed in this section. The employee is entitled to an award of impairment benefits, if one or more percentage points of the impairment are found to be related to a covered illness or illnesses.

a. To calculate the award, the CE multiplies the percentage points of the impairment rating that are the result of the employee’s covered illness or illnesses by $2,500. For example, if a physician assigns an impairment rating of 40% or 40 points, the CE multiplies 40 by $2,500, to equal a $100,000 impairment award.

b. If the impairment rating report submitted by the claimant is unclear or lacks clearly rationalized medical evidence as support, additional clarification is required. In such instances, the CE returns the impairment rating report to the rating physician with a request for clarification, indicating what areas are in need of remedy. If the report is returned without a sufficient response, or no response is received, the CE may seek DMC review and opinion as to the proper impairment rating value.http://www.dol.gov/esa/owcp/energy/r...entRatings.htm
    There could be multiple factors in your particular claim that contribute to your potental award.
    More info is here http://www.dol.gov/search/AdvSearch....=27&Image1.y=7

help i cant seem to figure out how to start a new thread or post here

i am having carpal tunnel surgery in a few months and i am not sure whether to tell my fed employer or just to have the surgery then file for a schedule award. my hand surgeon was very weird when i asked him about carpal tunnel being connected to my job he said well secretaries get it all the time whether it is caused by your job who knows. i could tell he did not want to get involved with workers compensation

thanks

Scheduled Award I was awarded 25% for lowerback how much is that worth?

=princejohio;128605]Scheduled Award I was awarded 25% for lowerback how much is that worth?
    Receipt of the Impairment Evaluation. Upon completion of the impairment evaluation and receipt in the DO, the CE reviews the report to assure all the DEEOIC criteria have been met, as previously discussed in this section. The employee is entitled to an award of impairment benefits, if one or more percentage points of the impairment are found to be related to a covered illness or illnesses.

a. To calculate the award, the CE multiplies the percentage points of the impairment rating that are the result of the employee’s covered illness or illnesses by $2,500. For example, if a physician assigns an impairment rating of 40% or 40 points, the CE multiplies 40 by $2,500, to equal a $100,000 impairment award.

b. If the impairment rating report submitted by the claimant is unclear or lacks clearly rationalized medical evidence as support, additional clarification is required. In such instances, the CE returns the impairment rating report to the rating physician with a request for clarification, indicating what areas are in need of remedy. If the report is returned without a sufficient response, or no response is received, the CE may seek DMC review and opinion as to the proper impairment rating value.http://www.dol.gov/esa/owcp/energy/r...entRatings.htm
    For you...25% X $2500 =$10,000 That may or may not be true in your case, all claims are different, and all ratings are to you only based on your condition. You can't provide enough info here for anyone to tell if 25% is correct.

If you are not doing any better after the surgery; why don't you consider getting back on the OWCP rolls?

I am not sure who said you can not get compensation for pain; but you sure can.

I am not sure what you are trying to say. First of all did you file a OWCP claim and have a case file number? You can not file for a scheduled award unless you have an OWCP case where it was found that your carpal tunnel was due to work related conditions.

Hello I have a question I called in to OWCP on Monday 12-19-2016 to check on my Scheduled Award. The automated system said that my claim was provisional approved and payment would be issued once final review and certification. Today is Wednesday 12-21-2016 and I called in to check the status and now it says payment for your claim has already been disbursed! I was wondering how could that be because that would mean that I was paid and I haven't received anything in the mail about how much they are paying me or my lawyer hasn't heard or received anything. I remember claiming my Ca-7 every two weeks and once I was paid the system would say payment for your claim has already been disbursed with the amount!!!