Default WSIB NEL Settlement

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has had to go through getting an NEL settlement and if so how long did it take?

I was told from WSIB it would take 12 1/2 weeks and I am now going on my 13th week and nothing has changed.

Everytime I call they say the same thing that it is in the rating stages and to call back in a week.

Any help would be great because I am moving soon and it would be helpful to have.

Thanks

Default Re: Wsib Nel Settlement

It's a hurry up and wait game with the WSIB. If you're at week 13 now, it won't be too long, but they could decide to jerk you around if you come across to the WSIB as being desperate for the cash. Stop phoning them, because it does nothing and just hold tight. You will get some money, then ball is in your court once you see how badly you get ripped off.
    Last edited by cledus; 07-30-2009 at 09:20 AM.

Default Re: WSIB NEL Settlement

well i haven't had a job for 2 years almost now from my injury and now benefits so i guess you could say i am a bit desperate lol. Thanks for the advice though. I hope I don't get screwed over because taking it to court will take that much longer lol... thats my luck though