Default IME Made TT Stop, Odds of Reinstatement at Hearing

Hi....just wondered if anyone had any clue if the odds were in my favor or not of TT getting reinstated at a hearing. Tho I was told early on if this happend that it would go to hearing for reinstatement. But Ive been told and not told a lot of things for so long. Trying to get all this mileage money paid too is another thing! Heck I cant even get a courtesy call backl or email MOST of the time from the atny/paralegal. I was injured more than a year ago at work. I have been in tens therapy, chiropractic, and for many months now physical therapy 3 times a week with Dr visits every 4 wks putting me out of work and continuing therapy. I am now on schedule for some back injections as well and still in therapy tho the tt stopped alomost 2 months ago now, and yet another month before the hearing! Basically the stupid AIG... IME DR report is BS and disagrees with my treating DR. My TT was cut off, tho I didnt find out till my own research of WHERES my tt check at 3 wks after it was stopped. Yeah, THEN the paralegal filed for a hearing when I called, THREE weeks after they knew it stopped tho I didnt! THEN I get the notice of hearing which is 1 wk shy of 3 months from the time TT was stopped (2 months from the time atny filed as they did nothing till I called). I read somewhere I wouldnt know anything at the hearing, in fact it could take another 3 or 4 wks for the order from the commission, not to mentiong then the time involved with AIG cutting the check and the mail. I am the sole provider for not only me, but my wife and our medical needs child. It just seems so wrong that the IME report can cause tt to stop suddently with no warning, 2 months & 4 more tt payments later after his exam btw. In complete contrast to my dr/therapist who see me regularly. The IME dr exam was BS anyhow! All he did was speak to me for about 3 minutes, no physical exam except checked reflexes and had me touch the back of my neck! Ok Ive rambled enuf. Is it fairly safe to bank on it getting reinstated and caught up to date shortly after this hearing then? Based on the fact my doc has me out of work/in therapy yet still? I have not been given a MMI yet either. My docs told me its a starve ya out tactic and that Ill get it back. Anybody had tt stop and get it back or NOT get it back?

Default Re: IME Made TT Stop, Odds of Reinstatement at Hearing

In NC they can't stop your TTD till they send you a form in the mail. If you don't respond to the form in 14 days they can stop your checks.

One of their dirty tricks is to send it to an old address of yours and claim they didn't know you changed addresses.

RDS

The following is from the BIG-K
    Hi....just wondered if anyone had any clue if the odds were in my favor or not of TT getting reinstated at a hearing.

Tho I was told early on if this happend that it would go to hearing for reinstatement.

But Ive been told and not told a lot of things for so long.

Trying to get all this mileage money paid too is another thing!

Heck I cant even get a courtesy call backl or email MOST of the time from the atny/paralegal.

I was injured more than a year ago at work. I have been in tens therapy, chiropractic, and for many months now physical therapy 3 times a week with Dr visits every 4 wks putting me out of work and continuing therapy.

I am now on schedule for some back injections as well and still in therapy tho the tt stopped alomost 2 months ago now, and yet another month before the hearing!

Basically the stupid AIG... IME DR report is BS and disagrees with my treating DR.

My TT was cut off, tho I didnt find out till my own research of WHERES my tt check at 3 wks after it was stopped. Yeah, THEN the paralegal filed for a hearing when I called, THREE weeks after they knew it stopped tho I didnt!

THEN I get the notice of hearing which is 1 wk shy of 3 months from the time TT was stopped (2 months from the time atny filed as they did nothing till I called).

I read somewhere I wouldnt know anything at the hearing, in fact it could take another 3 or 4 wks for the order from the commission, not to mentiong then the time involved with AIG cutting the check and the mail.

I am the sole provider for not only me, but my wife and our medical needs child. It just seems so wrong that the IME report can cause tt to stop suddently with no warning, 2 months & 4 more tt payments later after his exam btw.

In complete contrast to my dr/therapist who see me regularly. The IME dr exam was BS anyhow! All he did was speak to me for about 3 minutes, no physical exam except checked reflexes and had me touch the back of my neck!

Ok Ive rambled enuf. Is it fairly safe to bank on it getting reinstated and caught up to date shortly after this hearing then? Based on the fact my doc has me out of work/in therapy yet still?

I have not been given a MMI yet either. My docs told me its a starve ya out tactic and that Ill get it back. Anybody had tt stop and get it back or NOT get it back?

It's the oldest trick in the book, IME says his BS, IC cuts out payments. This happened to me when I was in the system. It took 6 months, but it was reinstated. It was reinstated the day of court. There are cases that this does not happen. But I would say in most cases if you have a REAL (not IME) doctors backing and medical reports to support you that there's a very good chance it will be reinstated. As far as your attorney goes his actions are not uncommon either. But as long as he is on top of things that what counts. I wish you all the luck in the world at court and keep us posted. Take care.

update....So I had the hearing finally the end of August. The wk comp. Commission decided in my favor and awarded all of the TT back pay from June to present & to continue till my DR releases me. As well as awarded the back injections. I've been told the wk comp ins. has 15 business days to pay. Today has been 14 bus. days since the date of the order. Is this normal? My attorney last fri (day 13) advised no cause for alarm, but that some ins. pay soon after the order, others take the full 15 to cut a check. I was told no papers contesting it had been filed. What next if 15 plus bus. days from the order and still no money? WE are broke! We had to beg, borrow and max credit cards to pay rent, utilities, gas, groceries, the last 4 months!

Should the wk comp carrier take this long to pay? The hearing was over a month ago, the commission ordered them to pay 3 wks ago as of tomorrow! Tomorrow marks 15 "business" days. Anybody have any idea???

To BEEN THERE....Hey you said in your message: "It took 6 months, but it was reinstated. It was reinstated the day of court." So, then it was reinstated the day of court, was that 6 months did it take a long time court for it to actually be resumed and for you to receive it ? I've been told they have 15 bus. days to pay from the date of the order. Tomorrow is day 15 of business. We are BROKE! My atny didnt seem concerned when I spoke to them last fri. day 13. I'm really getting worried, I mean we waited almost 3 months for a hearing, then 2 more weeks for an answer. So I get the answer and here it is 3 wks later and they still havent cut a check. My wife, my medical needs son and I will be without electric soon, car ins 1 wk from canceling, credit card maxed, rent late. OMG

If the IC has 15 business days... you should expect them to utilize that time, plus 5 days for mailing. The court order says to 'pay within' that time frame, not that you must have the check in hand within that time.

Have you ever contacted your utilities to let them know of your situation?
    Tried to work out a payment schedule... your elect...gas generally cannot be cut off for non payment, especially where there are children present. The providers are reqired to work with you to develop a plan. They won't be calling you though...no pay, with no contact, will result in stopping services.