Default Attorney Fees

I was wondering how much an attorney gets. I know he gets 20%. Does he also get costs as well and if so I know it will be different but what is a good price for their costs.. Thanks for any help

Default Re: Attorney Fees

what is a good price for their costs..
    There is no way to determine the costs associated with any claim. Depends on what work the atty has to do...deposition fees, IME's if necessary to support your claim... you should ask the atty these questions before you sign a retainer.
    Even if you have more than one atty, there would still be but one fee.

I am worried about this as well. I certainly donty want to pay an attorney any portion of my TDD or for assisting with services I may already be entitled to. If he were to get me awarded a sum of money I otherwise would not have been able to get, I could then justify him getting his 1/3 percent.

I don't remember the fee schedule in IL... I doubt a comp atty would be getting 1/3 of a settlement.
    There isn't that much work to warrant that kind of fee...the awards are already pretty much determined.

AA/applicant attys are entitled to a fee on the benefits they secure for you. When TTD/wage loss is paid without having to go to court...there wouldn't be a atty fee.
    The IL WC Act is here... http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs...ensation%2BAct.... AA fee info is somewhere in this page.

My cost were $4400 besides the 20%. $3000 of that was for my doctors deposition. The rest was for medical records and court reporters since my case went to trial.