Default Disability Chart

Hello, I have been trying to find information on a chart that is used to calculate on disability. I was advised by someone that this chart gives percentages on each body part, as each part is like back, arm, leg are worth a differant percent. And that percent is taken and multiplied by your disability percent from the Dr. My husband was giving a 52% for his back and 38% for his shoulder. Which he had to have major surgery on both, so can someone advise me if there is a chart like this? Or how we can calculate this as he should be going to court next month. Thank you for any information

Default Re: Disability Chart

jlfarrell:

Your attorney should be able to tell you this information. If you don't have one, then your adjuster would tell you. The shoulder would also be considered body as a whole in OK.

It's going to be a lot of money.

-H2HU

Thanks here2helpu, Yes my husband has an attorney, after the attorney's physician did his evaluation he gave my husband the 52% and the 38%. The insurance company Dr. gave him a much lower %. Which we knew he would but not that low. I know there will be some numbers thrown back and fourth, but the insurance cpy attorney came with an offer of 20,000. I knew that was off the wall. My husbands attorney advised him they would start around 80,000 but I think that is much to low. So I was wondering about a chart that we could look at just to get an idea of what it could be. We ask the attorney about the chart. He just said they will go after one lum sum, I know that that one of my husbands friends had the same surgery on his back due to a work injury(he fell out of his truck) and he received 115,000 settlement. Well I was just requesting the information on the chart and where can I go online to look at it. Thank You

jlfarrell:

The important number you are requesting is 500. That is the body as a whole number. Take the ratings and multiply into that number. You'll see it is a very large sum.

It all comes down to negotiations. You get two differing doctor's opinions regarding the ir. You eventually will have to reach agreement. Also, you may consider the fact that your medical may remain open after the settlement. The judges in Oklahoma are very favorable to IWs.

I can't guess what your settlement will be. You must negotiate through your attorney. Your attorney must go over a settlement strategy with you. Tell him to make a demand with the figures you have in your mind. Go before the judge in a conference. Wheel your husband in before the judge.

But you will have to eventually find a middle ground between the two differing impairment ratings.

-H2HU