WC can be a very frustrating, confusing, and time consuming process. There are however definite timeframes to file appeals. The WC commission recommends an attorney handle these for you.

There is info on the dispute resolution process here http://www.iic.idaho.gov/disputed_cl...ed_claims.html
If Idaho has a WC ombudsman, that may be your best bet in help with finding an attorney. WC is a very small community in every state, nearly all the parties know one another. Even if you went down to the commission office and talked to some of the other IW's there or even some of the attys there for other hearings.

I can't tell you why the atty changed mid pace...