Default After MMI Still on Meds

I got a question i hope someone can answer, I reached MMI i live in NJ.
    My question is this im on pain meds, wich the doc told me i still need, and i know i need because i still have pain after the fusion. My problem is i dont have insurance, i have to go see my family doc. to get my meds now, How do i pay for them, There expensive and so is a doc visit. Does anyone know if workmans comp still have to pay for the meds, i used to go to walgreens i was in the system over there, they would fill it with no cost to me, Does that continue? And like i said what about the doc visit? if they dont still pay does anyone know what i can do?

Default Re: After MMI Still on Meds

WC info for NJ is here http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wc/...ers_index.html
    Medical Benefits
    All necessary and reasonable medical treatment, prescriptions and hospitalization services related to the work injury are paid by the employer's insurance carrier or directly by the employer if they are self-insured.

The employer has the right to designate the authorized treating physician for all work related injuries. Only in the situations where the employer inappropriately refuses to provide medical treatment or if an emergency exists, may the injured worker choose the treating physician. In the case of the latter, the injured worker should notify the employer as soon as possible concerning the treatment being received.
    MMI doesn't mean you won't be provided additional treatment/medication for your injury, only that you are stable, and your condition is not expected to change for better/worse in the next year or so.

More FAQ are here http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wc/....html#Benefits
    Have you discussed these issues with your attorney?
    Or the CA/claims adjuster handling payment of your benefits?

ok so if i go to my family doctor, he would bill the insurance company for the visit and i would just go to my phramcy as usual and fill my script?

i have an appoitment with my attorney next thursday, but my meds will run out before then.

Saying 'yes' here may or may not be the appropriate answer to your question.
    Call your atty and discuss this with him/her.
    The NJ statutes are going to control your FMC/future medical care. The ER/IC should be liable for medical treatment until you reach a statutory cut off, or cash out the claim. Your comp Dr may have to phone in a refill until you can resolve this.

Has there been any settlement/resolution to your claim?

ok i called my attorney, im waiting for him to get back to me, no resoulution yet i just hit mmi friday, i had surgery october 15th L5/S1 fusion. I had the fce the 29th of june doc said cant lift more then 20 lbs. my work has nothing for me, so i applyed for unemployment. Yeah i dont know what to do, this whole thing is crazy, i never asked to get hurt it sucks.