Default Return to Work - Light Duty

i have bi lateral carpal tunnel, had 5 surgeries with the most recent in feb with no improvement. in june my dr said i could do light duty work-no repetitive hand work. the i/c sent me for a dme in july and that dr agreed with my dr. i was paid until almost the end of aug and then i/c sent me letter stating they were terminating my benefits because i am able to return to work. my attorney said they would call and offer me a job within my restrictions if available, no call. dr yesterday said same as in june, light duty, no repetitive hand work and he will see me in 6 months. my attorney this morning says if work does not call me with job offer then i need to look for work with in my restrictions? (not sure what job i could do if i can't use my hands) anyway, does this sound right? they did not call me with job that i could do so why would the i/c think i could return to work and stop paying me? and does my attorney mean i would have to find work outside of my employer? i'm very confused and not sure of my attorney's knowledge. my dr does not think i will ever get any better than i am now so i'm wondering what i will do for employment?

Default Re: Return to Work - Light Duty

frustratedinpa
    then i/c sent me letter stating they were terminating my benefits because i am able to return to work. my attorney said they would call and offer me a job within my restrictions if available, no call.
    You should still be getting paid until your employer calls you back.

my attorney this morning says if work does not call me with job offer then i need to look for work with in my restrictions?
    does this sound right?
    Sounds like your attorney isn't doing his job.
    Your payments shouldn't stop until you return to work.
    Yes, you do have to seek employment within your restrictions, if your employer fails to call you back.
    This doesn't mean you will find a job, only that you try.

Tony

Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.